Thread: Dave Wannstedt is an idiot.

Dave Wannstedt is an idiot.

I suppose I should provide some evidence to support my thesis. From today's nearly in-house radio show:

“The biggest thing we gotta do is we gotta be consistent at what we do,” Wannstedt said on the radio show. “Whether it be third downs, or stopping the run or rushing the passer—we have no consistency right now. It’s one game up, one down.”

Not entirely true. They are very consistently getting their asses handed to them on third down. It is just fortunate that they have played teams bad enough to make bad plays in an equilibration.

Some have wondered whether the Bills should be blitzing more to generate more pressure on opponent passers. But Wannstedt says that’s not always a great idea. “Everybody talks about blitzing more. Well, you can blitz more. In our thinking, you’ve got two rookie corners and every time you blitz, you’re leaving those corners alone. ”

So one or both of them aren't good enough to really play?

You can blitz the bad ones, you cover the good ones—that’s the way it is on defense,” Wannstedt continued. “

I think this is what we call evidence. This was Jauron's thinking. The slow burn. Only go after low-hanging fruit. Idiot. How did the Giants beat Brady and Rodgers? They got after them, however they could. How did the Dolphins just beat the tar out of the Jets? They got after them hard. However they could. If the first four ain't doing it, add something, or you're just gonna die tired and frustrated. Time to play catch-up, David. Nobody has only to WRs anyore. SO you are going deep into your DB rotation, and hey, when it isn't Aaron Williams, it's Justin Rogers getting beat. So, pleas,e do something about it. Give them a chance. Try to pressure the QBs. Idiot. When does your team do well? When you bring it. Not entirely because the other teams have sucked, but in some cases, in not relying on them to make mistakes, your guys have forced them into making mistakes. Idiot.

At the end of the day, our bread and butter is our front four,"

Since when? Seriously, the other guys should oughta be good, too. In fac,t your safeties are very good.

" and we’re gonna live and die with those guys.

Yup. Why let 11 guys carry the load when you can put it all on 4? It's like he is asking for a free pass on not having to think or otherwise learn/teach something. Idiot.

" And when they’re clicking and they’re cranking and they’re making plays, it makes up for a lot of problems, coverage wise, run-wise, everything.”

Shut up now. Idiot.
    Last edited by ScottDCP; 11-02-2012 at 02:39 AM.

I will be out in LA this weekend, where I might learn to not care about football. Hi ho.

I am not enthusiastic about the work Wannstedt does as a football coach. I dunno what he might be good at, but it sure as hell ain't this.

No wonder he gets along with Gailley who said that since the Texans were stacking seven in the box, there was basically no point in running the ball.

I didn't expect the Bills to do well in this game, but they were easily defeated by a team on cruise control. I think I've devoted my last block of Sunday afternoon to watching the Bills.

Why couldn't my father have been a Bears fan?
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur