Thread: Great NFL writing

Great NFL writing

There are some good to great writers out there who focus primarily on the NFL. Which ones do you read?

If I had to pick just 3, I'd go with these guys:

Mike Tanier. Sarcastic and funny with an interesting perspective informed by a long stint with Football Outsiders.

Aaron Nagler. Huge Packer fan, very good at real time observations, nuanced take on many things. He's doing this full time now and doesn't do as much Packer stuff but I still enjoy reading him.

Chris Brown. I swear he spends all his time hitting flea markets to find old football books (and playbooks). Does a great job explaining how various trends get recycled with new twists thrown in.

Bill Barnwell, Chris Brown, and Matt Bowen.

You're dead-on with Brown. Thought he was an old-timer the first time I read one of his articles.

Bowen could probably be a coach if he wanted to. Being a former player is always a nice shortcut.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Those three plus Evan Vracar andd Rich Gapinski and Patrick Sullivan.