Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sean PAYton Free Agent - Neener, neener, neeeener.

Blog Entries

Sean PAYton Free Agent - Neener, neener, neeeener.

Looks like the 2011 contract of Sean Peyton has been nuked by a clause saying contract ends if Micky Loomis was fired, quit or suspended.

WHOA!!!

Jerry Jones on Line 2, Mr. Payton.

I wonder if player contracts can have a clause like that???? Drew? Drew?

Blog Entries
    So will the owners collude to low ball Payton?

Blog Entries
    NEWS UPDATE.

Payton's contract was not voided because Loomis got suspended. His 2011 new contract was NOT APPROVED back in March 2012 because of that clause, so he had no new contract and his existing one ends at the end of the year.

So is it tampering to talk to him now?

Blog Entries
    MORE UPDATE

NFL releases statement saying it hasn't made a determination of Payton's contract for next year.

Which is really strange, since the League had the contract for approval in Sept 2011.

Schefter's report is that in a MARCH 2012 league meeting with Payton, he asked if the league had approved the new contract and was informed that the NFL DIDN"T approve the contract.

Which implies that the NFL had not informed Payton of the status of the contract for 6 months after receiving it, AND everyone knew Payton had no contract after 2012 season, from March on and did not do anything about it (or could the negotiate with him if he was on suspension?)

What a friggin' mess.

I don't know anything about Payton's contract but considering the Saints record without him, I would think the team is in a position where they have to have him next year no matter what.

a non issue. They'll throw bags of money at him. Not only is he their HC, he's essentially their OC as well.

Blog Entries
    My punchline on this: Jerry Jones, highly influential in the NFL, puppeteered this move via the League Office so he could get Payton next year.

My Gut Feeling on this: If this holds up as a voided extension, then Jerry Jones will get Payton next year.

Remember, Payton got a house in Westlake, Texas, an affluent area that is in the Dallas Vicinity area, the last couple of years.

During the lock-out last year, Romo & Payton played volleyball together. Romo is in the last year of his contract next year. Jerry Jones is a Romo supporter. I think Jerry's Super puzzle piece for his team is Payton, who will revamp the team as needed ala the Saints in 2006, and I got a gut feeling like earlier in the year that Payton will land in Big D. Benson will push but Jones will shove and throw for Payton.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

It's definitely an issue. The Cowboys are their usual mediocre selves. Payton's family home is now in Dallas. The lure of the star is great in the football community. Jerry Jones would have no problem showering Payton with dollar bills. It's definitely an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    It's definitely an issue. The Cowboys are their usual mediocre selves. Payton's family home is now in Dallas. The lure of the star is great in the football community. Jerry Jones would have no problem showering Payton with dollar bills. It's definitely an issue.
    unless he gets to take Brees with him, I don't see him leaving.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Yup; Jerry Jones has to validate himself as a viable GM with getting Payton. This 90s are over. If Payton doesn't come in for Romo's last year of his contract & he still have Jason Garrett, they'll have to turn Cowboys Stadium into a hotel. Jones can only allow mediocre, on-par seasons for so long.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley