Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We lost to the worst team EVER! Are you @&#%$^#&@*@*#&#^$&#^@ kidding me??????

We lost to the worst team EVER! Are you @&#%$^#&@*@*#&#^$&#^@ kidding me??????

Last night the Eagles lost to the terribad Saints. As a fan, I was humiliated by the stench coming off my team. The o-line is a catastrophic failure and they are the blame for 90% of the failure of the passing game. The other 10% is on Vick. He made some bad protection reads and paid the price for it. The WR/TE drop too many balls. The defensive front isn't getting pressure so the secondary suffers, and the secondary is always out of position and can't tackle on top of that. With the exception of Shady and Bryce Brown, the whole team sucks. The whole team and the entire coaching staff is to blame.

There was a chance to win this game. They were certainly trying for 3 quarters but in the 4th with 8 minutes left, there was no urgency, no tempo, no desire. This team isn't out of the playoffs yet, but if that type of head hanging attitude continues, they won't make it.

I've seen some bad Iggles teams in my lifetime, but this has to be the worst ever. Even the scab team was better.

In the end, this team and the staff needs to be gutted. No more 30 year old FA, and let's build a team around Foles.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

I can't figure out how a modern NFL team goes to the red zone four times and nets zero points (2 FG, one TAINT). Or how a constant double A gap blitz isn't refuted by hot routes to slants and such. They did run to the outside with pitches late in the first quarter and early in the second, but then still ended up calling 50+ passes and less than 30 runs for the game. They averaged over 7 yards a run, but then stopped doing it.

It certainly feels like it is time for changes in Philly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Last night the Eagles lost to the terribad Saints. As a fan, I was humiliated by the stench coming off my team. The o-line is a catastrophic failure and they are the blame for 90% of the failure of the passing game. The other 10% is on Vick. He made some bad protection reads and paid the price for it. The WR/TE drop too many balls. The defensive front isn't getting pressure so the secondary suffers, and the secondary is always out of position and can't tackle on top of that. With the exception of Shady and Bryce Brown, the whole team sucks. The whole team and the entire coaching staff is to blame.

There was a chance to win this game. They were certainly trying for 3 quarters but in the 4th with 8 minutes left, there was no urgency, no tempo, no desire. This team isn't out of the playoffs yet, but if that type of head hanging attitude continues, they won't make it.

I've seen some bad Iggles teams in my lifetime, but this has to be the worst ever. Even the scab team was better.

In the end, this team and the staff needs to be gutted. No more 30 year old FA, and let's build a team around Foles.
    The lack of urgency in the 4th quarter last night looked eerily similar to the lack of urgency frequently displayed by Donovan McNabb when faced with a similar game situation. One constant remains. Andy Reid has always had time-management issues regarding time outs, but when many blamed McNabb for his lack of awareness when time was of the essence, perhaps much of that blame should have been directed toward Andy Reid.

I also continue to get the sense that Andy Reid believes he's the smartest man in the room. While there are offensive line issues, the Eagles averaged 7 and a half yards per carry last night. Yet inside the 5, not once did they merely line up under center and hand the ball off to LeSean McCoy, who was the best goal-to-go RB in the league last year. Instead, there's been an elaborate array of shovel passes, QB draws, and other passing plays that have continually failed, including the perfectly thrown ball to Brent Celek. Perfectly thrown, that is, in that it was the exact perfect speed, height, and distance away from Celek that it would allow him to perfectly tip the ball into the air, and into the hands of Patrick Robinson.

Reid may be a fantastic coach for another team, like Cleveland or KC, but he's clearly no longer the right fit in Philly.

As an aside, I took advantage of the fact that I have off work today (since schools are used as voting sites) to take in the game last night at Buffalo Wild Wings, deep in the heart of Eagle country. I went with a Giants fan. He found great joy in the frustrations of the peoples. As for me, I am one of the rare people in this area in that I'm relatively agnostic when it comes to the Eagles. I don't root for them by any stretch, nor do I actively cheer against them. I just don't care. But I enjoyed being caught up in the environment last night, and clearly the frustration among their fans is evident.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

While I have no affection for the Eagles, I feel your pain Curtis.

Anyone wants to tell you that the Saints team has turned a corner, you should laugh at them. The Eagles gift wrapped that game for them.

Michael Vick is a disaster, his lack of touch would be inexcusable for a rookie. However, after the pounding that he took, the mere fact that he wasn't on a gurney at the end of the game is a tribute to his desire.

The day the Eagles signed Demetrius (sorry... it's "Demetress") Bell was an indication that there was something desperately wrong with the Eagles. When Bills fans laugh at your personnel moves, you know there's a problem.

I also continue to get the sense that Andy Reid believes he's the smartest man in the room. While there are offensive line issues, the Eagles averaged 7 and a half yards per carry last night. Yet inside the 5, not once did they merely line up under center and hand the ball off to LeSean McCoy, who was the best goal-to-go RB in the league last year. Instead, there's been an elaborate array of shovel passes, QB draws, and other passing plays that have continually failed, including the perfectly thrown ball to Brent Celek. Perfectly thrown, that is, in that it was the exact perfect speed, height, and distance away from Celek that it would allow him to perfectly tip the ball into the air, and into the hands of Patrick Robinson.
    You know, Chan Gailey is getting ripped apart for deciding early on in a close game against the Texans to completely abandon the run. Similarly, Romeo Crennel recently became a laughing stock for not even knowing how many times his best offensive player carried the ball. It may sound harsh considering his tenure and hispast successes, but is Andy Reid currently coaching any better than those two guys?
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Blog Entries
    Curtis,

I see a lot of Eagles fans saying 'Let's build around Foles'. My question is, given that anyone with eyes can see that (as you pointed out), the Eagles O'line is 90 percent of the problem they're having, how would Foles be any better? If you think he is the long term answer, isn't it better to let Vick take the beating then to risk having Foles become the next David Carr?

Also, could Andy Reid be being ripped for the wrong coaching decision? He's been ripped over the last yeard and a half for shifting Juan Castillo from Oline coach to DC (and also for firing him in a scapegoat fashion). While that is justifiable, couldn't the real attack be using Howard Mudd as his new Oline coach? While Mudd did great work for Petyon in Indy all those years, the Eagles protection has been terrible since he was given the job.
    "Amy is happily drinking the tears of Broncos fans." Giantsfan97.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Curtis,

I see a lot of Eagles fans saying 'Let's build around Foles'. My question is, given that anyone with eyes can see that (as you pointed out), the Eagles O'line is 90 percent of the problem they're having, how would Foles be any better? If you think he is the long term answer, isn't it better to let Vick take the beating then to risk having Foles become the next David Carr?

Also, could Andy Reid be being ripped for the wrong coaching decision? He's been ripped over the last yeard and a half for shifting Juan Castillo from Oline coach to DC (and also for firing him in a scapegoat fashion). While that is justifiable, couldn't the real attack be using Howard Mudd as his new Oline coach? While Mudd did great work for Petyon in Indy all those years, the Eagles protection has been terrible since he was given the job.
    Andy said in his news conference today that Vick will continue to be the starter. The Eagles are really excited about Foles and Andy knows that putting Foles behind this line will not help this team. It won't help Foles to develop if he gets destroyed over the next 8 games. Andy and Vick had a sit down last week, I truly believe Andy knows this is his last season. He and Vick are tied at the hip for the duration.

One of the staff member in charge of operations said the firing of Castillo was a mistake. Take what you want from that. This is a nightmare.

Howard Mudd was retired and should have stayed there. Jim Washburn is famous for dialing up some good defense, he has failed. Since Harbaugh left back in 05 i think, the special teams have sucked. Bobby April needs to go. Morhninweg is Andy jr. Both needs to hit the road.

It's rather apparent to me that a huge part of Andy Reid's success came directly from one man...Jim Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    While I have no affection for the Eagles, I feel your pain Curtis.

Anyone wants to tell you that the Saints team has turned a corner, you should laugh at them. The Eagles gift wrapped that game for them.

Michael Vick is a disaster, his lack of touch would be inexcusable for a rookie. However, after the pounding that he took, the mere fact that he wasn't on a gurney at the end of the game is a tribute to his desire.

The day the Eagles signed Demetrius (sorry... it's "Demetress") Bell was an indication that there was something desperately wrong with the Eagles. When Bills fans laugh at your personnel moves, you know there's a problem.

You know, Chan Gailey is getting ripped apart for deciding early on in a close game against the Texans to completely abandon the run. Similarly, Romeo Crennel recently became a laughing stock for not even knowing how many times his best offensive player carried the ball. It may sound harsh considering his tenure and hispast successes, but is Andy Reid currently coaching any better than those two guys?
    Vick's pass to Celek that got picked was, at least to me a good pass. It looked to me like Celek got held up a bit on the play. Could go either way but I'm just saying. I'm not wanting to defend every pass attempt but dude is getting smoked back there, and at least he is trying. I don't know if you have ever seen Vick live, but he is throws a very pretty ball. TV doesn't do it justice.
    Back on point, last night Vick had great success when they got him out of the pocket by design. That's where he thrived his whole career. Andy needs to do more of that. If I were the coach, I would dial up the Broncos playbook when Plummer was QB. Roll out and throw it. It's better than standing in the pocket getting castrated.

Bell did a good job replacing Peters in preseason, he went to hell in a handbasket in the regular season. He isn't doing his job at all. I have never played tackle or guard, but I could do better than he did.

I was telling my wife last night that I find it strange that I live in Kansas City and the Chiefs SUCK. And my hometown team sucks. Both teams are super talented and both HC are clueless dolts. What fresh hell is this?

Edit. Andy Reid is a great coach. One would have to be foolish to think otherwise. Something is wrong with this team. They have talent but I don't think they have the character or the discipline to execute and be on the same page. Andy can coach them until the end of time but if they don't get it mentally, they won't perform physically. Overall, I think Andy has stretched everything thin. Maybe that carrys over to the coaches and players, but I know it has gotten to the fans.
    I think Andy could be in line for KC. You can count the Browns out for sure. Andy will do fine in a new city and that team will be good.
    Last edited by Curtis; 11-06-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Vick's pass to Celek that got picked was, at least to me a good pass. It looked to me like Celek got held up a bit on the play. Could go either way but I'm just saying. I'm not wanting to defend every pass attempt but dude is getting smoked back there, and at least he is trying. I don't know if you have ever seen Vick live, but he is throws a very pretty ball. TV doesn't do it justice.
    Back on point, last night Vick had great success when they got him out of the pocket by design. That's where he thrived his whole career. Andy needs to do more of that. If I were the coach, I would dial up the Broncos playbook when Plummer was QB. Roll out and throw it. It's better than standing in the pocket getting castrated.

Bell did a good job replacing Peters in preseason, he went to hell in a handbasket in the regular season. He isn't doing his job at all. I have never played tackle or guard, but I could do better than he did.

I was telling my wife last night that I find it strange that I live in Kansas City and the Chiefs SUCK. And my hometown team sucks. Both teams are super talented and both HC are clueless dolts. What fresh hell is this?

Edit. Andy Reid is a great coach. One would have to be foolish to think otherwise. Something is wrong with this team. They have talent but I don't think they have the character or the discipline to execute and be on the same page. Andy can coach them until the end of time but if they don't get it mentally, they won't perform physically. Overall, I think Andy has stretched everything thin. Maybe that carrys over to the coaches and players, but I know it has gotten to the fans.
    I think Andy could be in line for KC. You can count the Browns out for sure. Andy will do fine in a new city and that team will be good.
    of course they don't get it mentally, as I've opined before Vick is among the most dumb guys to ever play the position. His stay in atlanta included the fact the coaches didn't trust his mental acuity. He wasn't allowed to audible at the line. He still shouldn't. His ability to {protect the ball } tells me all I need to know. He keeps carrying it like a loaf of bread running, and makes bad reads.

With all that talent, and given the trash d they were playing to only score 13?? That's criminal.

I agree switching to foles would be a huge mistake. That line is a hot mess. When a steelers fan says that it means something. Making a change with that line would only be setting foles up to be David Carr 3.0. Carr got shell shocked, then gabbert got shell shocked behind bad lines with little experience. I'd argue this line of the eagles is worse than the others.

We've seen how Carr and gabbert, both solid talents did after the shell shock was administered. Why ruin foles for no reason? The eagles aren't going anywhere this year. Let the 100 million dollar man absorb those hits on the way to a losing season...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

While I agree Vick doesn't have the QB smarts like Peyton or Brady, I believe it was more about being lazy than a lack of intelligence. To be fair, Vick has only started watching film and deciphering coverages over the last 2 years. 75% of his career was just improvising and using his legs. Everything he did on the field before he became an Eagle are too ingrained to overcome in just a few years. Had he applied himself in the film room then, like he does now, it's possible his career could have been along the lines of Brees.

While I agree Vick doesn't have the QB smarts like Peyton or Brady, I believe it was more about being lazy than a lack of intelligence. To be fair, Vick has only started watching film and deciphering coverages over the last 2 years. 75% of his career was just improvising and using his legs. Everything he did on the field before he became an Eagle are too ingrained to overcome in just a few years. Had he applied himself in the film room then, like he does now, it's possible his career could have been along the lines of Brees.
    I agree, he's only broken down game tape since hes been a eagle. Also he never called an audible for the falcons. He wasn't allowed to, because he didn't get it. Yup, that's all stuff that's tough to break out of post 30 years old. Can't disagree with any of that...

However I will stick by saying the guy is dumb. He let the hubris he felt behind his freakish athleticism color his CHOICE to not hit the film room. Letting your ego dictate you don't need to study because you're so gifted , and have no drive to be the absolute best, and use those physical attributes as best you can by studying. That's epic dumb. lots of intelligent folks are dumb. And in most cases ego is the factor that caused it..

You seem to agree though. You called him lazy. I'd agree. Wouldn't you also agree that being lazy and not learning what you should, and just depending on your physical abilities is dumb, especially when you're smart enough to know better, but don't?

Here's how it all adds up for me. One of, if not the most gifted athletically of all time qbs, CHOOSES not to hone his craft and spend anytime in the film room. As a result of his choices, he's now a totally confused not as much athletic qb, who might have been one the all time greats (if he cared enough to make his brain as prolific as his athleticism), he chose not to. Yep I stick by my assessment of him being the dumbest to ever play the position.

Now he's the turnover machine formerly known as mike Vick.
    Last edited by mikesteelnation1; 11-08-2012 at 02:22 AM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.