Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We lost to the worst team EVER! Are you @&#%$^#&@*@*#&#^$&#^@ kidding me??????

Blog Entries
    I was high on Philly coming into the season. I was wrong. The injuries to the offensive line have been catastrophic and Vick isn't helping himself. Then the firing of Castillo made no sense. They're in disarray to say the least.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Blog Entries
    It is sort of interesting to me though, and quite possibly nobody else, that when Vick has been playing behind a healthy offensive line his performance and his numbers haven't really been an issue. Next season when Peters returns and Kelce comes back to play a full sixteen, along with Mathis and Herremans (and fingers crossed on signs of life from Danny Watkins), isn't it reasonable to assume that Vick will be able to play at least close to the way he did in 2011? Maybe even 2010?
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    It is sort of interesting to me though, and quite possibly nobody else, that when Vick has been playing behind a healthy offensive line his performance and his numbers haven't really been an issue. Next season when Peters returns and Kelce comes back to play a full sixteen, along with Mathis and Herremans (and fingers crossed on signs of life from Danny Watkins), isn't it reasonable to assume that Vick will be able to play at least close to the way he did in 2011? Maybe even 2010?
    Unless there is a deep playoff run, Reid and Vick won't be back next year. I agree that Vick does well behind a line that protects. But that isn't the problem. Vick had an empty back 4WR 1 TE set. This is obviously a pass or a QB draw. There will only be 5 blockers. The Saints had 7 men in the box. QB Draw is out. If they are going to bring 7 on my 5, I will hot route a WR and burn it to him without taking a step. The defense will back up on the next play.
    Vick didn't do that. Instead he gets smoked in the red zone.
    Brady and Peyton do this all day. But they practiced that for umpteen years. Vick has not.

Edit. I want to be fair to Vick. Assuming he makes the right reads and adjustments in the situation I described above. His line has to hold that block just that teeny bit, but they are so bad I don't know if they even can.
    Last edited by Curtis; 11-08-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.