Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith or Russell Wilson for a Week 10 start

1. Alex Smith or Russell Wilson for a Week 10 start

With Aaron Rodgers on bye, my choices this week at QB are Wilson at home against the Jets and Smith at home against the Rams. Who do you guys like?

Wilson or Smith? I might just stick with Rodgers even with the bye.

Blog Entries
    I'm guessing Ryan Tannehill nor Jake Locker are available? I'd take a chance with either, in that order, but if not, would go Alex Smith.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

4. Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    I'm guessing Ryan Tannehill nor Jake Locker are available? I'd take a chance with either, in that order, but if not, would go Alex Smith.
    Actually both are available. And Smith just landed on waivers. I wouldn't go with Locker against Miami. And I like Tannehill as much as the next Fish Fan but he's not the best fantasy option. There's a lot to like about Smith's match-up. But Wilson has been great at home and the Jets BLOW. I'll probably go back and forth the next few days.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RayFinkle View Post
    Actually both are available. And Smith just landed on waivers. I wouldn't go with Locker against Miami. And I like Tannehill as much as the next Fish Fan but he's not the best fantasy option. There's a lot to like about Smith's match-up. But Wilson has been great at home and the Jets BLOW. I'll probably go back and forth the next few days.
    Over the last 5 weeks, the only teams stingier than the Jets against QBs are SF, Pit, and Bal. Tennessee has been the 7th friendliest against QBs over that time frame, St Louis 9th, and Miami 10th.

I have zero issue with your hesitation on Locker. But Tannehill and Smith are both right next to each other as pretty decent fill-ins this week, in my view, and I give a slight edge to Tannehill based on the fact that St. Louis has Cortland Finnegan, who's by far and away the best pass defender on either of those two teams.

-Marion Motley

6. Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    Over the last 5 weeks, the only teams stingier than the Jets against QBs are SF, Pit, and Bal. Tennessee has been the 7th friendliest against QBs over that time frame, St Louis 9th, and Miami 10th.

I have zero issue with your hesitation on Locker. But Tannehill and Smith are both right next to each other as pretty decent fill-ins this week, in my view, and I give a slight edge to Tannehill based on the fact that St. Louis has Cortland Finnegan, who's by far and away the best pass defender on either of those two teams.
    Definitely appreciate the feedback but I think I'm gonna go with Wilson. Simply on the basis that I think the Jets are utter trash. Tannehill's played really well but hasn't exactly been that great fantasy-wise. Smith's been better, but ya never know what you're gonna get with a game-manager-guy in fantasy. You find your chances hinging on stuff like will he or won't he play-fake on his opponent's 1 yard-line. If he does, great, a TD is 6 points. But if he doesn't, the big-play opportunities are few and far between.

Wilson's record/stats at home, recent play, and craptastic opponent gives him the nod. We'll see what the kid can do. I'll come back here Sunday to lament or celebrate his performance, and then I'll get back to discount double-checking next week.

Blog Entries
    Good luck! I hope it works out in your favor.
    Last edited by Trumpetbdw; 11-09-2012 at 11:21 PM.

-Marion Motley

I'd agree with Andy. At least Rodgers on a bye doesn't run the risk of negative points.

I didn't know FF had negative points! No wonder so many know Rodgers sack totals so well.

Blog Entries
    Nice call, Finkle. I'm glad that worked out for you. Hope your team survived the week.

-Marion Motley