Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2012-2013

Nba 2012-2013

So, Mike Brown has been fired after a 1-4 start. Anyone following the story knows that Kobe gave a very bad look to Brown at the end of the loss to the Jazz. Turns out it was the look of death.

Here it is:

Blog Entries
    I just don't think the Lakers are going to be true contenders. They cannot stop guard penetration. They couldn't last year and Nash only makes it worse. They also don't have enough of a bench to give the older guys a rest throughout games.

#KobeDeathStare is trending on Twitter right now.

Blog Entries
    Rumors are swirling around like a cyclone right now. One of them is the possibility that Mike D'Antoni could be the new man in charge. I personally don't think it would be too bad of an idea. They can't play defense anyway, and this offense absolutely has to be focused around Steve Nash.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Blog Entries
    As long as Kobe is there the offense will never be focused around anyone else.

I was surprised he survived last season. And the Princeton offense took Nash out of the game, they say. Good time to fire him, lots of time to get a new system in place. But stil, a bit of a shocker after just 5 games. Really, they should have done this in the off-season. He was never a good fit.

They're an interesting team, aging key players, a bit like the Celtics were. Some writer described a scenario in which LeBron ends up in LA when he can opt out of Miami. As I recall, a lot things fell neatly into place to make it a realistic possibility, including Kobe's retirement. And from what we know of LeBron, the validation of playing for the Lakers is the sort of thing he craves.

Here's the story.

Blog Entries
    The thing that I find perhaps most curious is that apparently absolutely nobody in the Lakers organization watched the Miami Heat the past couple of years. It isn't commonly remembered now, but it took Miami almost a year and a half to finally figure out their identity on offense. The only reason they remained successful while figuring it out is because they suffocated opponents on defense. That is clearly not an option for the Lakers.

Bringing in D'Antoni, or really any head coach that can assess the state of the team and realize that Nash has to be the primary guy on offense, would be the thing I feel could most help kickstart the team in the right direction. The Princeton offense was just an awful idea from the word go. You cannot have the most dynamic point guard of the past decade just sort of hanging around and watching the ball on the weak side.

re: D'Antoni, he just doesn't strike me as a guy who can win a title. A champ team really does need to value defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    re: D'Antoni, he just doesn't strike me as a guy who can win a title. A champ team really does need to value defense.
    I agree with the sentiment that defense needs to be valued in championship teams, but looking at this Laker team I'm not sure that has any chance of happening. Howard has looked lazy and disinterested on the defensive end, and they have some of the worst defensive players in the league in their rotation. Nash, Blake, Jamison, etc.