Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2012-2013

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    Kobe has pretty much all but said he will retire after next season. Nash doesn't have much time left. Pau isn't very good. Without Kobe that team really has nothing to offer Dwight. I think he really wants to win and LA isn't going to give him that soon. Cleveland however has one of the best young players in the league in Irving, Waiters is a good young player, same with Thompson. They already have almost 11 mil in cap room. Walton will come off the books this year that is about 6.5 mil more. Gibson will come off the books, that is another 5 mil more. IF they get rid of Varajo, and I think that is a real possibility, that is 9 mil more. They could sign Howard and still get another big name FA. Depending on how much Howard requires they could still get Lebron.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he wants to stay with the Lakers, nor that he necessarily should. But what I do know is that he is most definitely not going to Cleveland. If it was about the money he wouldn't have been clamoring for a year and a half to get as far away from Orlando as possible. Dwight Howard may be an enigma at times, but rest assured that nobody is lining up to go play in Cleveland, especially not after the Dan Gilbert fiasco.

And while nobody in their right mind would deny that Kyrie Irving has is becoming one of the best young point guards in the game (despite his limitations defensively I still think he's been the best PG in the East so far this year), I don't know what you've seen from Tristan Thompson or Dion Waiters that makes you think they have necessarily bright futures. Waiters has half a season to his name and I certainly won't write him off, but he has definitely struggled. As did Tristan Thompson in his rookie season, though he has improved this year.

Now if you want to talk about somewhere that might be appealing to Dwight Howard and can also afford him, the Atlanta Hawks all of a sudden look quite interesting with just $21.5M committed to the payroll next year. Signing Howard would allow them to play Horford alongside him at the 4, and once you bring in Howard you can get other players to come.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Howard and Horford would make an awesome front line. I suspect they couldn't also afford Josh Smith, so they'd need to find another small forward. Pity, because if he was also there they'd be phenomenal.

Just thinking out loud here... what if they traded Horford and kept Josh Smith? Smith does his best work inside and with both Horford and Howard there wouldn't be much room for him. He'd end up hoisting a lot of awful 3's. The biggest problem with a Smith-Howard frontline would be mental. Neither is mentally strong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he wants to stay with the Lakers, nor that he necessarily should. But what I do know is that he is most definitely not going to Cleveland. If it was about the money he wouldn't have been clamoring for a year and a half to get as far away from Orlando as possible. Dwight Howard may be an enigma at times, but rest assured that nobody is lining up to go play in Cleveland, especially not after the Dan Gilbert fiasco.

And while nobody in their right mind would deny that Kyrie Irving has is becoming one of the best young point guards in the game (despite his limitations defensively I still think he's been the best PG in the East so far this year), I don't know what you've seen from Tristan Thompson or Dion Waiters that makes you think they have necessarily bright futures. Waiters has half a season to his name and I certainly won't write him off, but he has definitely struggled. As did Tristan Thompson in his rookie season, though he has improved this year.

Now if you want to talk about somewhere that might be appealing to Dwight Howard and can also afford him, the Atlanta Hawks all of a sudden look quite interesting with just $21.5M committed to the payroll next year. Signing Howard would allow them to play Horford alongside him at the 4, and once you bring in Howard you can get other players to come.
    What has Atlanta ever done to make you think players want to go there? Thompson is almost averaging a double double, has a 15 PER, which is about the same as Gasol, Rudy Gay, Dirk, Roy Hibbert. He isn't far from players like Love, George Hill only has a 16, Noah has a 17, Horford who you are so high on only has an 18.

Blog Entries
    I still Love the Lakers but I never liked the D'Antoni hiring. He was Very Mediocre at Best with the Knicks and they left Phil Jackson hanging. Phil was ready to go but they picked D'Antoni Over Him!?!?!? They're like the Los Angeles Cowboys right now!!!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

What has Atlanta ever done to make you think players want to go there?
    Atlanta is Dwight Howard's hometown. But you're right, he has never shown a preference for the city and it's been suggested that he wouldn't enjoy the pressure of playing at home.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRidley View Post
    I still Love the Lakers but I never liked the D'Antoni hiring. He was Very Mediocre at Best with the Knicks and they left Phil Jackson hanging. Phil was ready to go but they picked D'Antoni Over Him!?!?!? They're like the Los Angeles Cowboys right now!!!
    The younger Buss is perhaps not all that.

What has Atlanta ever done to make you think players want to go there? Thompson is almost averaging a double double, has a 15 PER, which is about the same as Gasol, Rudy Gay, Dirk, Roy Hibbert. He isn't far from players like Love, George Hill only has a 16, Noah has a 17, Horford who you are so high on only has an 18.
    What has Cleveland ever done that makes you think anybody would want to go there? Its Cleveland after all.... At least Atlanta is a nice place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRidley View Post
    If you think that Phil could fix what's wrong with the Lakers, then you are a bit delusional. The Lakers quit on Phil the last time he was coach. I'm not saying D'Antoni is the right fit for the Lakers. But the Lakers have far worse problems than coaching right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
    If you think that Phil could fix what's wrong with the Lakers, then you are a bit delusional. The Lakers quit on Phil the last time he was coach. I'm not saying D'Antoni is the right fit for the Lakers. But the Lakers have far worse problems than coaching right now.
    Trust me. Phil Jackson wouldn't have let this all go to the trash. It may not have been a top tier team but they wouldnt've embarassed themselves like they are now. The players are the problem too but D'Antoni isn't the fix there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    The younger Buss is perhaps not all that.
    Yeah; Bad start. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. I haven't seen games due to lots of working and homework too but from what I've seen in highlights and box scores, they have big problems. Its not all D'Antoni's fault but I think Phil Jackson would've gotten more out of them than D'Antoni is now.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRidley; 01-21-2013 at 06:27 PM.