Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 10 open thread

NFL Week 10 open thread

Whatever crosses your mind...

The good and the bad of the Falcons offense were on display within the first 6 minutes against NOLA. The good is the opening possession, right down the field, short passes, a bomb, a pass to a tackle eligible, no incomplete passes, a TD as quick as you like.

The bad; no short yardage running game. 1st and 1 on the goal line, stuffed. 3rd and 1 on their second possession, stuffed.

No improvement over last season's short yardage rush problems. One of these days, that's going to be a big problem.

2nd quarter. 2nd and goal from the 1. Turner dumped for a 1 yard loss. This has to be killing Mike Smith, who has wanted to play smash-mouth since he got here.

And there it is. Game on the line, the Falcons couldn't rush for a yard. Needing a TD, 1:47 left, third and goal from the 1, Turner loses a yard. Incomplete pass on 4th down and they come away empty. It's telling that a team that would like to play smash mouth football chose to pass on 2 out of 3 downs from the one-yard line when they absolutely, positively needed a TD.

Pretty disappointing last series for the Falcons there, but the Saints deserved that win. Now we can stop all that nonsense about the undefeated season and let those old geezer Phins drink their champagne again.

Lots of big scoring games and upsets so far, and a squeaker by the Pats. Really looking forward to the CHI/HOU game tonight.
    “Everybody counts or nobody does.” – Detective Harry Bosch

Yeah, this is my ugly week in the NFL pool. Wrong about Dolphins, Bengals, Jax, Atlanta; and Phllly isn't looking very peppy either. Hope Seattle hangs on to keep me alive in the Survivor pool.

Interesting that Alex Smith and Vick are out. For Philly, it's a convenient way to put to rest the chatter. Let Foles prove he's not Kevin Kolb. And in SF, is there life beyond Smith?

Man, Peyton has the Broncos rolling. Impressive.

Speaking of Peyton, I saw this for the first time today. Pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Interesting that Alex Smith and Vick are out. For Philly, it's a convenient way to put to rest the chatter. Let Foles prove he's not Kevin Kolb. And in SF, is there life beyond Smith?
    If Foles winds up playing a lot behind that OL he'll be a broken old man by the end of the season.

What on earth came over the Bengals today???? Holy moley! Was at the Broncos-Panthers game, just kept seeing the Bengals stretch that lead and stretch it some more. Nice. Looking forward to the highlights, suspect there was a good bit of Dalton-Green involved here...
    The Panthers, on the other hand, are truly terrible. The Saints and Redskins should be ashamed of themselves for losing to them. They can't run block, can't pass block, and the special teams are as wretched as ever. The defense really wasn't terrible (despite the final score), but they only got to Manning once and didn't even get close to him for most of the day. The Broncos D looked all-world. Peyton Manning was...well, Peyton Manning. This would have been a looooong afternoon if not for my overwhelming Manning-worship.
    If I were John Fox I'd be worried about the turnover situation, though. Willis McGahey can't hold on to the ball to save his soul. If I were Ron Rivera, I'd be worried about my job. Maybe the Panthers should hire the Bud-soaked dude next to me who kept yelling "Run it up the middle!!!!!!" Yeah, he'd be a good choice

How much do you think Carolina's o-line is contributing to Cam newton's poor season?

A tie ballgame in SF after the 9ers missed a short FG in OT. That's a fitting finale to a dreadful afternoon of picking games!