Thread: Best Off Topic Forum not FP

Blog Entries

Best Off Topic Forum not FP

When I need some more books to read, I tap you guys, as I might find a new author.

I love talking herein, but could use 1 or 2 more sites to visit. I am looking for general conversation, so I am interested in the "Off Topic" section. I realize that Off Topics in a Medical forum is going to have a different slant than Off Topics in a Chamber Music forum, but smart, reasonable people are what I am looking for and you can find them in every nook and cranny.

My other forum for Off Topics is internettexasholdem.com Off topics. Those people are smarter than snot and real friendly and varied and reasonable.

What are yours???

Over the years I've belonged to a couple boards that served a purpose at the time, discussing politics, science, religion, economics, current events, etc. Unfortunately, like this place, attrition has killed good conversation and only the drivel remains. Any specific OTs you're interested in? (I do have a link to a sparsely visited anarchist's site if you'd like)
    Some people think the name of the Washington Redskins football team is offensive. There’s an easy way to fix that. You can just drop the word ‘Washington.’ ~ Ted Cruz

Blog Entries
    Just where people are reasonable, have varied POVs and have IQs higher than Johnny Knox.

Only other one I ever bothered with was a lovely food and wine group that evaporated when its moderator died. Sorry, no help from here.

I hang out with a bunch of motorcyclists. Huge site. Used to be super wild, they've tamed it. Part of the taming process was hiding the off-topic forum from non-members, so you have to sign-up to see it. The site is www.advrider.com. The forum is Jo Momma. If you like reading people with their hair on fire, skip up to the politics sub-forum, called Church, State and Money. Some of our more argumentative members would feel at home there.

I'm a fringe lunatic on most things. This is the only place I can call home.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    I talk on another forum, but I don't think you'd like it. Too much trolling from a lot of people to
    Have to many great conversations.

I used to have a great time on a British reggae site, but the moderator had a very public breakdown that freaked me out and sent me running to the hills.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur