Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Far should stadium staff go?

How Far should stadium staff go?

Should they have had the man arrested/detained? Not suggesting the Bills are to blame at all, but is there a better alternative than simply throwing them out and having them fend for themselves?

Man ejected from Bills Game Found Dead

An intoxicated man who was ejected from Thursday night's Buffalo Bills win over the Miami Dolphins was found dead face down in a creek, according to the Buffalo News.

The man, whose identity has not yet been released, was thrown out of the game for being intoxicated, and afterwards, his brother-in-law reported him missing.

A police search located the man's body in Smoke's Creek as a helicopter was called in to assist with the search.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ce=twitterfeed

Tough call - but surely it's up to the dead guys brother and others who came to the game with him to take care of him. But your point about arresting the guy is a good one.

My feeling is that the stadium is not a day care - if an adult is that drunk - and man, you've got to be pretty wasted to get tossed out of the Ralph - than they were right to toss him out.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

I'll be blunt. I don't want to pay more for game tickets just so that stadium staff can watch after people who can't handle their liquor. Right now there is one less person draining the system. I'm not compassionate when it comes to dumb people making poor choices. The brother-in-law, if he really cared about this man, should have been the one to step up instead of looking for him after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ElGuapo View Post
    I'll be blunt. I don't want to pay more for game tickets just so that stadium staff can watch after people who can't handle their liquor. Right now there is one less person draining the system. I'm not compassionate when it comes to dumb people making poor choices. The brother-in-law, if he really cared about this man, should have been the one to step up instead of looking for him after the game.

I'm not saying babysit him, I'm saying should they have called the police rather than just kicking him out and putting a drunk guy on the streets?

If the police were called to handle every belligerent drunk at a sporting event, we'd have a new Law and Order spinoff. "Law and Order: Drunk and Disorderly"
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

I'm not responsible for these fools and I shouldn't have my wallet squeezed because of their ignorance. I won't tolerate unruly drunks in my home and I have a legal right to physically eject that person. Same with the stadiums. Don't follow the rules and disrespect the host and the property, then it's out on your drunk ass you go. If you drown in a creek after that because you can't handle the booze...sucks to be you and you get no pity from me.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    If the police were called to handle every belligerent drunk at a sporting event, we'd have a new Law and Order spinoff. "Law and Order: Drunk and Disorderly"

obviously not every drunk is as bad as this guy was to have to be kicked out of the stadium all-together.

Blog Entries
    The Buffalo News version of events is... odd. No one's sure if this guy was drunk yet? (At least, they don't have a quote from a witness to that effect, just that he had been ejected for violating the Fan Code of Conduct, which I'm sure is broadly written enough to be of little use in identifying what he did without specific testimony.) And this creek is at the bottom of a steep cliff? (Preliminary reports say no physical trauma, though.) And apparently he and a girl had just broken up a couple weeks ago and was making cryptic statements about it? (That could be a lot of things, though.) He could have been drunk and fallen, or this could be about something else entirely that has little to do with stadium security.
    @kocsan

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    obviously not every drunk is as bad as this guy was to have to be kicked out of the stadium all-together.
    Stadium security has a pretty low tolerance for drunkards.

Green Bay police reported 9 arrests and 22 ejections at today game at Lambeau Field.
    That was from the Packers-Cardinals game 2 weeks ago. Every game I've been to, I've seen a couple people get tossed out for being obnoxious.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Ejections rose 7 percent to 3,520, NFL officials said, though without a wave of smoking-related ejections in California stadiums, especially in Oakland, that number would have fallen from 2011. Arrests were up 19 percent, to 453. Those numbers translate to about 27 ejections and three arrests per game, with approximately 130 games having been played at the season’s midpoint.
    Sports Business Daily:NFL Ejections
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.