Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: digging into the reason Fitz looks like somebody kicked his dog:

digging into the reason Fitz looks like somebody kicked his dog:

The play calling in the second half of the Dolphins game expressed a vote of zero confidence from the coaches. That was probably subconscious, but it points to something Buddy Nix is doing wrong.

In the winter he told the Buffalo sportswriters that he liked talking to them, but didn't like to do it in-season because he thought there should be one voice then, and it should be the head coach's voice. Why isn't he shutting up now? As the guy who hires and fires he needs to balance a desire for honesty with the ability to not kill his current employees. What he is saying about getting a new quarterback helps NOBODY in his organization. Everyone knows it's something he wants. He doesn't have to keep saying it. That sort of talk gets into the subconscious of a playcaller, and he will limit his calls because he doesn't want to put the team in the position of trusting the guy who the boss doesn't trust. It only hurts production. Don't do it, ya dumbass. You went into the season saying it is on Fitz, let it be on Fitz. Don't start predicting the team's demise after 8 games,, ya dumbass. Your tough stretch was weeks 2-8. Didn't do great, but also didn't do horrible.The end of the year, with the exception of Indy now looking tougher than at first expected, still looks good from a matchup perspective. Defensive Coordinator aside, the team is good enough to win the rest of them. Seriously, it is. Stop publicly questioning them. They have had that treatment for years, and it has time and again proven unhelpful. A Patriots team that is veteran, and accustomed to winning, could be motivated by it. Kids like these need to be scared privately and stroked publicly. Worked on Sheppard and Dareus a couple weeks ago (those are the guys Kelsay was talking about.)

Grow a real pair, Buddy, and play it out like you weren't blowing smoke in the summer. It helps everyone if you do it that way.

I may be misunderstanding or missed something, but is the Bills front office having regrets about Fitz? Is there a feeling about a certain QB in the draft they would be looking to get?
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

they're talking openly about getting a franchise QB in the draft next year without regard to who is actually going to be available in the draft next year.

Ahh, pin the tail on the donkey. Now it makes sense. =)

This from a group that has apparently tried really hard to only improve those areas of the team that were already strong. I know I am being a bit much with that statement, but the strengths of the team when they showed up were DT, Safety, RB, and interior OL. Where are they strongest now? Same. Some new players, same strengths, same weaknesses (although I will give them Cordy Glenn, I am still mystified and a little bit bothered at the fact Buddy celebrated Denver taking Von Miller ahead of them.)

Frustratingly obtuse, and time is showing that Buddy and Chan are little different than any of their recent forebears. Just trying to prove in year three that they really got it right. Buddy is already talking like this year is lost, and he will be fired by the end of next. I don't get it.

At this point it looks like they are trying to turn Fitz into Trent Edwards. Yay us.

I don't know anything about Nix, is he a football guy or just a guy? Regardless, Chan is a football guy and you'd assume he knows the teams needs. But it sounds like someone is either ignoring Chan's list of needs or they are all sharing in the stupidity. Sounds like some change would be welcome, like it is in Philly.

Nix is a football guy. the thing about improving the team's strengths cones from their walking in the door and underrating Kyle Williams,George Wilson, and Fred Jackson, making expensive moves aimed at their positions. Mostly it reminds me of Gregg Williams and I get unreasonable at that point.

My greater concern today is the way they are ibdirectly castrating their qb.

Both Nix and Gailey are "football guys." However just because they are football guys doesn't mean they are GOOD football guys.

It has become apparent that there was a very good reason why Nix didn't get his first GM gig until he had been on Social Security for a number of years. If he was such a hot commodity (and according to his Wikipedia page, it seems that he was the main reason the Chargers were so successful in the mid 00's), than why was this the case?

Fitzpatrick is a pretty bad starter - but if you were to list the 5 major reasons why this team is once again missing the playoffs, he wouldn't even be on the list.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Its true that there are better football guys here and there. I can understand if they overvalue a player like a QB or LB but if your needs are A B and C, don't pick XYZ.
    I think that is either stupidity or they swallow hype about another player at another position that they don;t need. Very Al Davis-like. Remember he went after the one HOT guy, and then picked all the fast guys. Never really addressed any needs and they never got better.

Rule #1. Wikipedia is not reliable or accurate.

There is also this season's weak facial hair.
    Last edited by ScottDCP; 11-20-2012 at 11:40 AM.