Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reed vs Harrison vs Goodell

Blog Entries

Reed vs Harrison vs Goodell

Ed Reed got suspended for his 3rd illegal hit since the new rules.

How many times has Harrison been fined under the new rules?

I heard Cris Carter talk about this today and he, like many players want to know what the punishment will be. Is it 3rd = 1 game? If so, what does harrison already have? What doe others have? Is this going to be an issue as the rules are around for multiple years?

But Roger isn't writing down any rules, so as not to get trapped. Plus I think you won't find many suspensions at the end of the season or playoffs

There is no escape for the players except litigation, which served Vilma well.

Can we start sending 3rd string WRs out to get hit in the helmet to take out star defenders?

Blog Entries
    Could we just tackle in the groin area? They don't wear cups do they? It would be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    But Roger isn't writing down any rules
    He does have an interesting approach to discipline. People tend to operate most effectively when they've given clear boundaries. They don't like not knowing where the lines are. Roger's walking the fields of the NFL, sowing seeds of discontent wherever he goes.

Got reduced to a $50,000 fine.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Harrison got 7 fines from 09-11. Five for QB hits and 2 for other hits on players. He was suspended 1 game after hitting McCoy. That was his 5th QB hit/fine. So I guess they already got him for 3?
    Ed got screwed in my opinion. The NFL is overzealous with the flags and fines for defenseless receivers. I understand safety but in the end, its nothing but PR BS.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

Blog Entries
    WOW reduced from 1 game to 50K.

The power of Mike and Mike.

Yeah, I'm tired of these penalties for illegal hits. A penalty on Nick Perry vs the Colts turned a 4th down and long into a 1st and 10. Perry got a clean, but violent, hit on Luck that jarred the ball loose. The Colts ended up scoring on that drive. May have been the difference and it was a call made out of caution.

Blog Entries
    I absolutely abhor the "defenseless receiver" rule. Defenders are handcuffed enough with PI calls, and now they can't hit them to try to jar the ball loose.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Blog Entries
    I think Peanut has the right idea. Punch the ball to knock it out, not hit it with your helmet. If you accidentally knock the receiver in the face, nofine, nosuspension.

Ray Anderson talked on M&M and underlined that they are going to suspensions because fines don't stop it. Look for more soon. I just hope an pray it isn't Pittsburgh.

Maybe New England. That would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    I think Peanut has the right idea. Punch the ball to knock it out, not hit it with your helmet. If you accidentally knock the receiver in the face, nofine, nosuspension.

Ray Anderson talked on M&M and underlined that they are going to suspensions because fines don't stop it. Look for more soon. I just hope an pray it isn't Pittsburgh.

Maybe New England. That would be different.
    This isn't something that can be corrected overnight. It has to be relaxed for the current players, clamped down on in HS/college, THEN implement it. Current guys aren't going to change the way they hit.