Thread: Table Recommendations

Tablet Recommendations

Was wondering if anyone has recommendations or experiences with tablets on the more inexpensive side.

I already own an Ipad, but am looking for an affordable "supplement tablet". The kids are getting older, and between the 4 of us it will be nice to have more than one.

It's not a necessity at the moment, but will likely be a need sooner rather than later.

I'd like to score one under $100 (either retail or on used on ebay), so I know that puts a limit on quality to an extent.

If you have any experience (good or bad) with lesser known brands, please share!
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 11-22-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Bengals, my brother just went to bed, but he's in the industry. I'll ask him in the AM, he'll know what to do.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

thanks. looking for something that will be able to do the internet, as well as some decent apps, particularly netflix, for when someone else has the ipad.

Particularly something that plays netflix well will be important to me come summer time.

Blog Entries
    I have seen new laptops at under $100 somewhere in my murky memory. Does it have to be a pad?

that's something to consider. It wouldn't really have the apps for kids though.

if money wasn't an issue, I'd love to get one of those new dell tablets where the screen rotates and it turns into a laptop.

Blog Entries
    There are a bugzillion tablets for under $100

I take it you are looking for experience with one of them. I am interested in reading this also. I have none.

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    There are a bugzillion tablets for under $100

I take it you are looking for experience with one of them. I am interested in reading this also. I have none.

yea they are definitely out there. I'm looking for info on which ones are worth the money, and worth the trouble. I know they won't be as good as my Ipad, but I don't want something that is going to make me pull my hair out either.

If you're playing movies, I would think that the graphics card is an important consideration.