Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fire them all, today.

Fire them all, today.

Pruitt, I apologize. You were correct. From Buddy on down.

A quickie:

CJ is better as change of pace, really.

The passing game was called as though the coach has zero confidence in the quarterback's ability to throw between the hashmark. How many hitch screens to Donald Jones should you really be calling?

If Freddie is not in the game, Dorin Dickerson should not be running a pass pattern from anything but a fullback position, much less split wide.

Two pass interference penalties at the end of each half that you don't often see called, by the same official. Also, the same guy who was worng - that was a fumble at the end of the first half. He didn't say progress stopped, he said Down. Big difference. Is that reviewable?

You won't find many better company men calling a game than John Murphy and Mark Kelso, and THEY are openly and oftenly questioning the defensive playcalling.

Also the offensive playcalling. I like Fitz, but there is no reason to do much beyond run and throw deep against Indy.

DeHaven isn't the answer. The coverage teams are not particularly good.

How often did Rogers get beat? I remember Reggie Corner, and he wasn't this bad. They cut the wrong guy, again.

What the hell are Rogers and Searcy doing on the field? Neither one should be playing ahead of anyone else on that roster (I have Rogers and A. Williams about even right now.)

How is it even mediocre teams convert third and double figures with regularity? I THINK THE SCHEME DOESN'T FIT THE PERSONNEL! Ya dumbasses.

Dareus played a couple of series like he cared. That was nice to see when it happened.

Horrible playcalling everywhere. Horrible. Looks like the team is quitting, to boot. That's nice to see, again.

Three rushers and Fitz is under pressure most of the day. Awesome. Small, fast d-line, you go at them, and you chip them on drop-backs. Not all that hard to figure out. Ya dumbasses.

One place you don't run a screen against Indy? In the middle, where they get no push. Only place Buffalo tried to screen Indy with backs? In the middle, where they found DTs on top of said backs every time. Ya dumbasses.

I hate today.

Indy is mediocre. Apparently so is Buffalo, though a little less medium. Buffalo, talentwise, should not have been involved in a nailbiter here. They have superior talent to Indianapolis in too many areas. We know about the defensive coaching deficiencies, which tend to make every game harder than they need to be, but anyone running right at Indy all day is going to score all day. Anyone rushing five on occasion is going to get turnover opportunities. Buffalo's coaches don't believe in their qb anymore, have never believed in some of their holdover vets, and it is ruining the team in the span of two weeks. They are done, will maybe win three more games, and will see another change of staff soon. I only hope Buddy is replaced before he can pick the wrong QB too high and Chan before he can play him too soon.

I kinda smelled a team that had quit a few weeks ago. The way they lost some of their games was highly suspect. You don't expect professional football players to quit. It's one of the hallmarks of the NFL that these guys typically don't give up. So I wonder if the problem is that they have lost confidence in their coaches?

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    I wonder if the problem is that they have lost confidence in their coaches?
    That is a much betyer way to put it.
    Last edited by ScottDCP; 11-25-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Question:

SF seemed to get much better in only a couple of years? How?

Scheme fits players, plus full confidence of coaches in the holdovers that they kept. No lip service. And uncommon talent in the LB department. That and TE are the only areas where SF might have better talent than Buffalo. It's the defensive coaching and organizational cojones.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    Pruitt, I apologize. You were correct. From Buddy on down.
    It just boggles the mind when this team rolls into a stadium that is home to a team that was an absolute laughing stock last year... and never seems like it's going to win.

CJ Spiller had 0 carries in the last 14 minutes of the game.

There is nothing left that has to be said.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

There is this: Fitz isnt allowed to audible. Exhibit A in fire the coaches. Inflexible equals no chance. Go home, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    There is this: Fitz isnt allowed to audible. Exhibit A in fire the coaches. Inflexible equals no chance. Go home, dude.
    Just a question.. I haven't seen any bills games this year (no surprise, why bother )

Why isn't fitz allowed to audible? Is it a matter of Chan's hubris as a coach, or is fitz a football dummy?

I bring it up only because the only parallel I can draw is Vick. Qb paid over $60 mil on his contract, and a vested league veteran. Yet in spite of both points, can't call audibles. Vick wasn't allowed to audible at the line in atl, because he's a football dummy. I know he is...

Haven't watched enough of fitz to assess that .. I know you have Scott.. just a guess, but based on gailey and nix's work product, add to that the scathing critiques fired their way that I've read here, it's a top down issue. Not an ears up issue with the qb.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.