Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Sanchez is starting again.

So Sanchez is starting again.

I don't think it is, in and of itself, a bad move. I love the Jets getting worse every day. If it were my team, however, I would only question the way it was handled. Ryn gets a lot more mileage out of an emphatic statement right after the game or on Monday than he does by saying it will take him time to figure out. Everybody knows he and the other players don't want Tebow playing QB. Can't say I blame them. And they have had McElroy for a couple years, so should have some idea of his ceiling (hint, it's the deep out.)

Now there isn't much he can do right now to get a legit starting QB beyond signing Jeff Garcia, so his best bet probably is Sanchez. He just did the guy no favors in his handling of the situation.

This is the teammate and leader:

And this is the passer:

Sanchez is terrible and seems to be getting worse. He is the AFC version of Romo, over-hyped early on and it's been joe average ever since. It's a 'what you see is what you get' kind of situation. That way I see it, Rex is keeping Sanchez in as a showcase for other teams. McElroy looks like the 2013 Jets QB.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

Sanchez is bad, but honestly he is their best option at this point. I like McElroy, but as a backup. He's not the future of the Jets. Nor is Tebow. I suspect the Jets will try to find a better option in 2013 (although with the draft being horrible for QBs and the so so free agent market, I'm not sure where that will be.) If they can't find a better option, they might have to just suck up another year of Sanchez, especially with the bonus that he is getting. As I've said before, Sanchez is regressing, but he doesn't have a lot to work with either. So its not completely his fault.

Blog Entries
    This is all well and good, but then why did they get Tebow? That's what I don't understand. If he's not healthy, and he hasn't been, that's one thing, but if he is, at this point, I'd think they'd have to give him a shot just because they actively pursued putting him on their roster for this exact purpose.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
    As I've said before, Sanchez is regressing, but he doesn't have a lot to work with either.
    I will disagree there. He has enough. When their offense has been bad, it has usually been bad passing more than drops. He only does well against passive defenses. I will admit Shonn Greene appears to have been a flash in the pan, but they really just have a below average QB. Three good receivers, though the best is a superflake and needs to go. Good TE, OK RBs. Good line. Adds up to one group being a bigger weakness than the res,t and that is QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    This is all well and good, but then why did they get Tebow? That's what I don't understand. If he's not healthy, and he hasn't been, that's one thing, but if he is, at this point, I'd think they'd have to give him a shot just because they actively pursued putting him on their roster for this exact purpose.
    I think there may be a disconnect between the front office and the coaching staff. Between Tebow not playing, Ryan's negative comment about Stephen Hill (since justified) and Woody Johnson going out of his way to praise Tebow -- I have a feeling ownership and GM see things one way and Ryan sees them another. If that's the case, then it would be smart for him to leave.

The bloody booger was the best pass Sanchez ever made.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    I think there may be a disconnect between the front office and the coaching staff. Between Tebow not playing, Ryan's negative comment about Stephen Hill (since justified) and Woody Johnson going out of his way to praise Tebow -- I have a feeling ownership and GM see things one way and Ryan sees them another. If that's the case, then it would be smart for him to leave.
    Check.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    The only reasonable explanation. If you remember to Hard Knocks, it seemed they were clearly all on the same page. It appears that the dynamics of the front office, coach relationship have changed significantly since that show. Otherwise, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Is it possible Rex is scared that Tebow comes in and they start winning, much like Denver last year? That always came across as John Elway's worst nightmare, and ultimately led to Denver showing Tebow the door.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    I will disagree there. He has enough. When their offense has been bad, it has usually been bad passing more than drops. He only does well against passive defenses. I will admit Shonn Greene appears to have been a flash in the pan, but they really just have a below average QB. Three good receivers, though the best is a superflake and needs to go. Good TE, OK RBs. Good line. Adds up to one group being a bigger weakness than the res,t and that is QB.
    Three good receivers? Where? I see one at best. Cromartie wasn't far off at the beginning of the year when he said that he could play receiver for this team. Good TE? Keller is a servicable TE, nothing special. Their OL is okay, but its getting progressively worse. Other than Mangold and Ferguson, everyone is replacable.

The offense was much better 2 years ago. But in the NFL, age can kill you. And that's part of the Jets' problem. The other problem is that Tannebaum has no clue what he is doing.