Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Sanchez is starting again.

Blog Entries
    Kerley and Schilens. I hadn't noticed that Holmes is no longer on the active roster.

Blog Entries
    And the difference between a good o-line and an average one is slim. Mangold and Ferguson tip the average performance of the unit to good.

So you are telling me the only thing holding the Jets from the playoffs is Sanchez? I don't buy it.

Blog Entries
    This year? yes. He hath sucked the big one.

Blog Entries
    I expected Buffalo to be better, but they have sucked, too. If the Jets get comoetent qb play 75%of the time they are 7-5 or so. Instead they have entrusted their team to a jackhole who cannot stand up to Holmes and cannot be trusted to throw the ball witgin ten feet of his receivers.

Sanchez has played like trash this year. When you QB needs that much help, he's just not that good. Tell me who RGIII, Tannehill, or Wilson has that's a ton better than Sanchez? Yet I'd take all 3 over Sanchez.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    Kerley and Schilens. I hadn't noticed that Holmes is no longer on the active roster.
    Santonio has been on IR since like Week 4. He got hurt either the week before or week after Revis. The other WRs the Jets have are ok, but they don't scare anyone.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    This year? yes. He hath sucked the big one.
    I have to disagree that Sanchez is the only reason the Jets are not a playoff team this year. While QB play is a factor, there are other ones:

1. They have no running game.
    2. They have no impact WR or TE since Holmes got hurt.
    3. The linebacking corps is older, and slower, and not playing as well.
    4. No Revis. This is the key factor. Rex's D with the Jets has been based around Revis erasing one player on the other team's O, usually the best WR they have, and then apply pressure with his exotic rush schemes. While Cromartie has played well this year, he can't do that. As a result, they have to put more people in coverage, which means less pressure, which, in turn exposes the slower LBs more often against TEs and short passes.
    5. Mike Tannenbaum did nothing to improve the offense this past off season, as Revis himself pointed out in the preseason.

So, while Mark Sanchez has not had a good season, he's only one of the issues they have. If they add a playmaker or two on O, and get Revis back, I think they're back in the mix next season. If they fire Rex, which would be dumb, then that might change.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

Firing Rex might be a good thing for Rex, tho, if he's out of step with his bosses. I would imagine he'd get a nibble from a few needy teams.