Thread: Bo Jackson

Blog Entries

Bo Jackson

I just watched the Bo Jackson 30 for 30, and it was outstanding. I highly recommend it if you didn't watch it already. Bo was hitting the pros around the time I started watching sports with understanding. I can remember little things like him breaking bats over his leg, running over Brian Bozworth, but watching the show showed just what a physical marvel he was. He's the ultimate "what if"..IN TWO FREAKING SPORTS!! If he never got hurt, he's a HOF RB and one of the greatest to ever play. If he had never played football, he's one of the legendary power hitters and speedsters to ever play baseball. In his first pro at bat, he hit a grounder to second, which he beat out..by about 3 steps. Ridiculous speed. I remember him being great. The show reminded me the word great doesn't even begin to describe him.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Do they show him running across the outfield wall at the all star game in Anaheim?

That was the most jaw dropping thing I recall him doing.

Blog Entries
    What a great documentary. Bo will never cease to be awesome. Dude is still just as huge as ever, and that trophy room was ridiculous!

I must say that I vividly remember that playoff game against Cincinnati, mostly for how explosive he was on his final run, and how nondescript that injury appeared to be.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edave View Post
    Do they show him running across the outfield wall at the all star game in Anaheim?

That was the most jaw dropping thing I recall him doing.
    Yeah, it showed that. Also spent a few minutes showcasing his dominance on Tecmo Bowl.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by vancemeek View Post
    Yeah, it showed that. Also spent a few minutes showcasing his dominance on Tecmo Bowl.
    It was quite good, and that run up the wall wasn't in the all-star game as I remembered it (ah well).

I've never quite understood Tecmo Bowl. My kids were too young to get into it and I was playing 4th & Inches, an actual kind of realistic simulation for that time.