Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 15 open thread

NFL Week 15 open thread

Late season blues, for me. Even though Cincinnati is in a playoff run, this game feels anti-climactic.

This is the last week with Thursday and Monday night football.

Next week we get Saturday night football and the following week the regular season finishes up (all games on Sunday).

Blog Entries
    Didn't get to watch it. For what it's worth, I wasn't the least bit surprised to check the score at half to see Cincinnati losing, and I wasn't surprised either when I saw they outscored Philadelphia 24-0 in the second half.
    @kocsan

Blog Entries
    Cincinnati didn't play well on offense at all. Philly turned it over 4 times in 5 plays in the 2nd half.

Blog Entries
    Cincinnati played abysmally for the most part. The offensive line played their worst game by far. Dalton was erratic and inaccurate. There were still a few drops by the WRs too. On the plus side, Boom Herron has been a find on special teams, with great games two weeks in a row. Hall finally got an INT, albeit on one that my dog could have caught. BenJarvus Green-Ellis ran for 100 again. AJ Green is still a freak. Emmanuel Lemur and Vontaze Burfict are both rookie free agent finds. Burfict is so quick to the ball and just makes plays, Lemur getting better and better with more reps.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by vancemeek View Post
    Cincinnati played abysmally for the most part. The offensive line played their worst game by far. Dalton was erratic and inaccurate. There were still a few drops by the WRs too. On the plus side, Boom Herron has been a find on special teams, with great games two weeks in a row. Hall finally got an INT, albeit on one that my dog could have caught. BenJarvus Green-Ellis ran for 100 again. AJ Green is still a freak. Emmanuel Lemur and Vontaze Burfict are both rookie free agent finds. Burfict is so quick to the ball and just makes plays, Lemur getting better and better with more reps.

offense was abysmal, specifically the offensive line.

Defense played great and IMO was a couple plays away from being dominant. Special Teams played very well outside of the one Tate mistake.

A win is a win.

Anyone know why they were rotating the centers?

Quote Originally Posted by FrzzerBwler View Post
    Cook just came off IR last week. They did the same thing against the Cowboys, so I suspect it's just that Cook isn't ready to play every snap yet.

The Eagles are obviously in rough shape. Their second half turnover-fest is one of the worst displays of football I've seen in a while and coming from a Panthers fan, that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by FrzzerBwler View Post

trying to get Cook back to speed without giving him too much.

Robinson has played well, but I don't know if he's ready for pittsburgh and baltimore. casey hampton abused him in the first matchup, though granted it was his first extended period of play in his career.

However, I re-watched last year's @ ravens game, and Robinson hasn't faced anything as intense as that this year. That game was trench warfare. They're going to need Cook to be ready, so they're basically giving him half the snaps as his "preseason".

Both played well against Dallas. Neither were why they lost the game. Haven't closely watched both from lastnight yet.

Thanks B and Nancy.
    I missed that they were rotating last week, thought Cook played whole game.
    The way the whole O-line played last night is scary going forward.