Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Packers at Bears

Quote Originally Posted by edave View Post
    I've watched the play several times and can't for the life of me figure out what Hester was supposed to do there. Casey had leverage and unless the plan was to have Hester tackle Hayward, jump up and catch the pass I'm not buying it.

Yeah, I've read both sides complaining about the same thing. I think the Packers got the better side of the deal this time around, which was especially shocking given that it involved Sam Shields who typically gets flagged for being in the same zip code as the receiver. Sam lost one he should have gotten and won one he shouldn't. Color me stunned.

Any idea how many OL penalties the Bears have this season? I can generate a count on the Packer side but I know going in they have a whole lot more than I'm comfortable with.
    I found a site that counts them for linemen:

I added the 3 OPIs on Jeffrey, one I remember on Marshall and 3 false starts/holds on Kellen Davis. I am very sure of those adds. I do not know of how many Cutler Delays there have been, but I think 2.

Carimi, 9 penalties, 6.5 sacks
    Garza, 4 penalties, 2 sacks
    Spencer, 1
    Webb, 5 penalties and 8 sacks
    Rachal 6 penalties and two sacks
    Louis, 2 and 2.5

Throwing in others, in total, I get about.....38-42 offensive penalties.

And, don't get me wrong, Dave, I do not blame the whole loss on penalties at all. There are so many things wrong with the Bears, but the impact and timing of the controversial calls did not help matters, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by edave View Post
    I've watched the play several times and can't for the life of me figure out what Hester was supposed to do there. Casey had leverage and unless the plan was to have Hester tackle Hayward, jump up and catch the pass I'm not buying it.
    Eh, probably. It's not like Cutler never throws bad picks. At least he doesn't throw them when the offense is in the RZ anymore. My hatred of Hester playing #1 or #2 receiver certainly clouds judgement. A camp story run for the last five years is how great Hester looks and how much better his routes have become, only to see his catches drop each year. Darn Ron Turner and Lovie Smith, darn them all to heck.
    Last edited by Rich Gapinski; 12-19-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Gapinski View Post
    I found a site that counts them for linemen:

I added the 3 OPIs on Jeffrey, one I remember on Marshall and 3 false starts/holds on Kellen Davis. I am very sure of those adds. I do not know of how many Cutler Delays there have been, but I think 2.

Carimi, 9 penalties, 6.5 sacks
    Garza, 4 penalties, 2 sacks
    Spencer, 1
    Webb, 5 penalties and 8 sacks
    Rachal 6 penalties and two sacks
    Louis, 2 and 2.5

Throwing in others, in total, I get about.....38-42 offensive penalties.
    That's a lot... I'm only counting OL right now...

Since I included declined and offsetting, here are the totals for each:

Bulaga, 6 (5)
    Barclay, 3 (1)
    Dietrich-Smith, 5 (5)
    Saturday, 1 (1)
    Sitton, 6 (6)
    Newhouse, 5 (3)
    Lang, 5 (4)

31 (25)

Here's an interesting link where they count everything too:

http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/gre...kers?year=2012

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Gapinski View Post
    And, don't get me wrong, Dave, I do not blame the whole loss on penalties at all. There are so many things wrong with the Bears, but the impact and timing of the controversial calls did not help matters, that's all.
    No worries.

Awesome link. They count 55! offensive for the Bears.

Blog Entries
    Take a look at Dallas Offensive Penalties.

WHOA.

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    Take a look at Dallas Offensive Penalties.

WHOA.
    If I'm reading it right, same number as the 'Skins, 64 offensive penalties. New England has 37.