Thread: Coaching carousel 2012

Coaching carousel 2012

Might as well start a thread, 'tis the season for cannery row to swing into action.

I like this quote from Ron Jaworski, on the prospect of Nick Saban coming to Philadelphia.

I'm not a Saban guy, because I don't like liars, and I think he lied. I think he lied to the Miami Dolphins and he lied to the fans of Miami, and he left. And it's pretty simple. I think integrity is very important. If you don't have integrity, I don't know how you can be successful.

Yeah, I know he's great at Alabama and he'll probably win another national championship, but I just don't like people that don't have integrity. So it's pretty easy for me to say I don't want Nick Saban in town.

Go ask some players on that team. Go ask some coaches on that team. They'll tell ya. The Bobby Petrino's of the world. I have a hard time backing those kinds of guys when they lie. If you don't have integrity man, I don't want to be around you.
    Saban and Petrino in the same sentence? Powerful.

Jaworski is a pretty big deal in Eagles history. Having a guy like him speak out so strongly against a particular coach kinda tilts the playing field, no matter how the owner and team president feel.

Wow the thought of a tool to the highest degree like Saban and Philadelphia fans; that would be one hell of a spectator sport.
    Talk about get your popcorn ready.
    I know there have been rumblings about Saban in Cleveland, I just don't see how NFL players would put up with his arrogance though.

Unfortunately, nothing the NFL does shocks me any more. Philly hired a dogkiller. Why wouldn't they hire a liar if they thought he'd bring them success? Whatever the market will bear ....
    Some people think the name of the Washington Redskins football team is offensive. There’s an easy way to fix that. You can just drop the word ‘Washington.’ ~ Ted Cruz

But the point about Saban lying and walking out on teams hits hard. You bring in a guy to rebuild your team, you don't want to worry about him walking out after a year or two.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur