Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NBC sucks!

NBC sucks!

What an effing outrage! Disgusted beyond belief! Gimme something to throw!
    NFL = National Football Liars

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    What an effing outrage! Disgusted beyond belief! Gimme something to throw!
    What's wrong, Mamabear?
    @kocsan

is this because they cut to Obama's speech?

I'm assuming B is being {}. Hope so, anyway.

Probably the Obama speech. I agree. Oddly timed and a little unnecessary.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    Probably the Obama speech. I agree. Oddly timed and a little unnecessary.

still, that's the White House's fault, not NBC's. And regardless, its a ridiculously selfish thing to complain about.

I thought it was Costas's flagrant use of Grecian Formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    still, that's the White House's fault, not NBC's. And regardless, its a ridiculously selfish thing to complain about.
    NBC's fault for switching to it. And I don't think it's selfish to want to watch a ball game over hear the president speak. How could it possibly change anything? I know the facts/details because it happened on Friday. It's a sad thing, but let's get on with life already. No need to interrupt a whole quarter of something that millions of people want to watch. He could do the same speech today.

Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    NBC's fault for switching to it. And I don't think it's selfish to want to watch a ball game over hear the president speak. How could it possibly change anything? I know the facts/details because it happened on Friday. It's a sad thing, but let's get on with life already. No need to interrupt a whole quarter of something that millions of people want to watch. He could do the same speech today.
    NBC did the responsible thing.

NBC didn't decide when to hold the speech, and its not like it was just a speech he was giving at the White House. Any complaints should be directed at the White House, not NBC.

There are more important things than missing a couple drives of a football game. Also don't forget that the tragedy happened in an area where a large portion of Patriots fans reside.

And frankly, the bolded sickens me.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 12-17-2012 at 11:12 AM.

NBC made their choice and I respect their right to make that choice, but I along with B (if that was her complaint) have the right to voice our displeasure with the decision. Why should we stop the world to have the president comment on something he commented on two days earlier when the events occurred? It's not that I'm some cold-hearted lunatic, I just don't see the point in all of the hoopla. Let the families grieve. Back off a bit. Everybody sees a tragedy and they immediately feel guilty and feel that they have to make a personal crusade to make sure everybody else feels bad. No need to cram it down everybody's throat. I saw what happened, I feel absolutely horrific that such an event occurred, but it doesn't make me any less of a sensitive human being if I don't think the media should cut time out of programing to show the president talking about something he talked about already.