Thread: Good News Stories of the Year

Blog Entries

Good News Stories of the Year

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/momen...umanity-this-y

Seeing things like this help me keep faith in humanity sometimes. If the media would focus on stuff like this instead of all the nut jobs in this world I think we would be better off.

Blog Entries
    Amen.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Yeah, but the nut jobs and bad news is what catches our attention more than the feel good stories.

great thread idea. I'd also like to see a thread for all the charitable things that players do, which typically get overlooked.

Blog Entries
    Good stuff, tubbs
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    One of the things on that list was Andre Johnson taking abused kids to Toys R Us and spending $19,000 on them.

Great post tubbs, thanks for sharing the link.

I knew @ Andre Johnson taking the kids shopping, still seeing the 3 long receipts, well that's just cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    If the media would focus on stuff like this instead of all the nut jobs in this world I think we would be better off.
    If good news is what you really wanted, that's all you'd get on TV newscasts and in newspapers. If good news is what you really wanted, Shakespeare and all the dramatists in history would have gone unemployed. If good news is what you really wanted, your taste in movies would be substantially different.

I'm all for good news and happy endings. They're heart-warming and life-affirming. We all need them.

But this business of blaming the media for bringing you what you demand to watch and read is... well, to be polite, it's not rational. It's a sort of fantasy of self-loathing.