Thread: Commish Court Championship Breakdown- 1. Trumpetbdw vs. 6. Polishguy00

Blog Entries

Commish Court Championship Breakdown- 1. Trumpetbdw vs. 6. Polishguy00

Quarterback

Trumpet has been rolling this year with a platoon of Matt Ryan and RGIII. For the championship, Ryan will get the start this week over RGIII. Griffin should have a nice opportunity against Philly, and possesses the upside, but Ryan has a great matchup vs. a struggling Lions secondary, and is the much safer option this week due to his health. Meanwhile, Rich will be going with Drew Brees, who rebounded from 2 down weeks to put up huge numbers last week vs. Tampa. Dallas' secondary has been struggling recently, giving Brees a chance for another big week.

Slight Advantage- Polishguy00

Running Back

Trumpet gets LeSean McCoy back this week, which could prove to be a welcome jolt, even if his touches are limited. Spiller has been fantastic, and with the full time gig, could explode this week, even in a challenging matchup. Steven Jackson is the flex, and has a tough matchup against Tampa, who's been the most stout in the league vs. the run. Rich will go with Frank Gore, who had a huge game earlier this year vs. Seattle. Stevan Ridley has a nice matchup, and will be looking to rebound from a fumble that limited his touches last week. Alfred Morris is his flex, and Morris has been consistently great all season.

Wide Receiver

This is where Trumpet should make up some ground. In a PPR league, which this is, Andre Johnson and Brandon Marshall have been the two hottest receivers in the league not named Calvin Johnson. Marshall will be matched up with Patrick Peterson this week, but has proven to be matchup-proof, especially with Jay Cutler under center. Sidney Rice is my 3rd WR. He's officially a GTD tomorrow night, questionable with a knee injury. The underwhelming Nate Washington and Emmanuel Sanders are the backups. For Rich, his top receiver has been Demaryius Thomas, who has struggled a bit over the past 2 weeks. This week, he'll likely draw Joe Haden, which will be one of the more intriguing individual matchups of the upcoming week. Rich's other WRs are Greg Jennings and Andre Roberts. Jennings may be the biggest key to Rich's championship chances. If he can reclaim his old form, the Polish Victory will have a good opportunity to pull this thing out.

Advantage- Trumpetbdw

Tight End

The veteran Tony Gonzalez (Trumpet) has been the #1 TE in fantasy this season. Jimmy Graham (Polishguy) has been a relative disappointment, despite still ranking as the #4 TE in PPR leagues this season. He's been struggling as of late, and is dealing with a wrist injury that will likely require surgery in the offseason.

Advantage- Trumpetbdw

Kicker

That's right, I'm breaking down the kickers!!! I was going with Robbie Gould through most of this season, but with him on the IR, Shaun Suisham has taken over, and against all odds, has become one of the more reliable kickers in the league. Rich is going with Garrett Hartley of the Saints, who will be kicking in more favorable conditions this week.

Slight Advantage- Trumpetbdw

Team Defense/Special Teams

I'm going with the Chargers this week, against the {formidable} Jets offense. Rich has the Packers against Tennessee. Both are favorable matchups, but Tennessee is likely to throw the ball more than the Jets, giving the Packers more opportunities for sacks and turnovers.

NFL.COM PROJECTIONS

Trumpetbdw
    QB- Ryan- 23
    RB- Spiller- 27
    RB- McCoy- 12
    WR- Johnson- 22
    WR- Marshall- 24
    WR- Rice- 0
    TE- Gonzalez- 10
    FLEX- Jackson- 9
    K- Suisham- 5
    DEF- Chargers- 7
    TOTAL- 139

Polishguy00
    QB- Brees- 24
    RB- Gore- 10
    RB- Ridley- 8
    WR- Thomas- 25
    WR- Jennings- 16
    WR- Roberts- 4
    TE- Graham- 11
    FLEX- Morris- 18
    K- Hartley- 5
    DEF- Packers- 10
    TOTAL- 131
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    And immediately after submitting this, I switched from Suisham to Blair Walsh.

-Marion Motley

Can't disagree with a thing here. Of course, a long TD to Roddy White has you off to a good start.

Blog Entries
    Big game from Ryan, justifying my selection, but only 1 point from Gonzalez doesn't help.

-Marion Motley