Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Carousel

QB Carousel

Where will these QB's be playing next year?

Michael Vick
    Alex Smith
    Mark Sanchez
    Tim Tebow
    Joe Flacco
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Matt Flynn
    Matt Cassel
    Brady Quinn
    Carson Palmer

Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Where will these QB's be playing next year?

Michael Vick ??? Buffalo? Philadelphia? Phoenix? This guy will be a hot property. A bad draft for QB's and too many teams need one.
    Alex Smith Nobody cares
    Mark Sanchez Nobody cares
    Tim Tebow Nobody cares except ESPN
    Joe Flacco Baltimore
    Ryan Fitzpatrick ????
    Matt Flynn Seattle (Russell Wilson is cheap)
    Matt Cassel ???
    Brady Quinn Nobody cares
    Carson Palmer Oakland They may draft a QB but they'll hold onto him as a transition. He restructured his deal, may be less of a cap hit?

Anyone else?
    My thoughts in red.

I think alex Smith is a much more desirable pickup for a desperate team than Vick. He has at least proven that he can play disciplined ball within a conservative system. Vick has proven nothing of the sort and is both turnover and injury-prone.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

EDIT: Whoops! Didn't realize I double posted.
    Last edited by Docta; 12-27-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    My thoughts in red.
    Agreed on everyone, except Flynn. Might as well get something for him if he's just going to sit on the bench. Wilson playing like this might have actually helped Flynn's stock.

Also, Cousins should also be in the list. Shanahan loves him though, so I don't know if he'd be available.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Thought about cousins, but think they keep him. He's making next to nothing. Besides, it was just one game.

Yeah, I don't think Cousins is going anywhere. They drafted him for depth and he has proved the wisdom of that thinking this season. They probably won't be able to hang onto him when his contract is up. But I think they like having their QB situation nice and tightly wrapped-up.

I disagree wrt to Vick and Smith. Smith is not a guy who can win you a game. Vick is. Certainly Vick was a turnover machine when he didn't have an offensive line. But give him protection and I think he'd be outstanding. Philly's o-line has been a mess forever, it feels like.

I'd guess that both Smith and Vick are in play this off season. The idea that would scare me most is having Smith go to the Vikings, but I think they'll stick with Ponder.

Barring an amazing offer to the Seahawks, Flynn likely stays in Seattle.

I'm really curious to see what kind of money Flacco signs for in Baltimore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edave View Post
    I'd guess that both Smith and Vick are in play this off season. The idea that would scare me most is having Smith go to the Vikings, but I think they'll stick with Ponder.

Barring an amazing offer to the Seahawks, Flynn likely stays in Seattle.

I'm really curious to see what kind of money Flacco signs for in Baltimore.
    I'm guessing far more than he should get.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by vancemeek View Post
    I'm guessing far more than he should get.
    I'll second that! He's probably gonna get top tier money with bottom of middle tier talent...

I can see Alex smith to Minnesota. The ponder experiment is over. He sucks. The rb has out gained him over the last 9 games IIRC.

What better team for smith than minny? It's a perfect spot for s great game manager who doesn't screw it up. Best rb in the game and a decent d. Theyve won this many with ponder, smith is worth at least a 2 game upgrade. If the vikes don't kick the tires, shame on them. If nobody signs him as a starter, I'd love him in black and gold with a clipboard.

Sanchez is going to be a backup, as will cassel. Quinn is going to be lucky to earn a gig as a "camp arm".

I don't see Flynn going anywhere unless a strong trade offer is made, and I don't think one will.

Tebow is done unless he's willing to play h back or te. He's just not a qb. St Timmy needs to swallow his hubris and read the writing on the wall. No team will be willing to allow his qb circus to come to town. If they do, they get EXACTLY what they deserve.

Palmer is washed up. Who cares what he does in Oakland?

I think fitz gets another year in buffalo with such a garbage college class of qbs coming out. He's at least there thru training camp anyway.

Shanny is too smart to do anything with cousins. He needs a quality back up for a slight mobile qb, that takes too many hits. He showed he could be that guy this year. And he has a full year in the system, and is uber cheap. Donedeal.com cousins is a skin next year.

I can't wait to see the idiotic contract some team is probably going to give Vick. Some owner/gm is going to completely ignore reality and give him way more than he's worth, only to be severely disappointed when he can't absorb the offense, keeps turning the ball over, gets hurt, and gets EVERYONE who EVER banked on him FIRED as a result.

However all that said, given the weak collegiate class coming out, were gonna perhaps see dumb value trades to get Barkley or gino. Were also gonna see way above market deals for avg to bad qbs. It's a qb driven league.

Can't wait to see the idiotic mayhem play out... It's certainly going to..
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.