Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pro Bowl snubs

Pro Bowl snubs

Here are the teams: http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap...osters-afc-nfc

Before everyone fills up the thread with players from their favorite team, here are the rules:
    1. Only half of your picks can be from your favorite team.
    2. For every snub you must name the player that he should replace.

I'll start with the most obvious: Dez Bryant (88-1311-12 receiving) should be in instead of Victor Cruz (82-1040-9).

Next

I would guess there are about 12 NFC centers that should be in over Jeff Saturday.

Blog Entries
    Quarterbacks - Can't really complain. Everything looks good there. Glad that Andrew Luck did not make it in

Runningbacks - C.J. Spiller should be in over Jamaal Charles. Other than that, no serious issues.

Wide Receivers - Vincent Jackson got completely robbed. He should be in over Victor Cruz. I would also take Roddy White over Julio Jones, and Demaryius Thomas over Wes Welker.

Tight Ends - Nothing to argue about here either.

Offensive Tackles - The only real argument I would have here is for William Beatty to be in over Trent Williams, but Beatty has been penalized quite a bit and that does hurt his overall value.

Guards - Evan Mathis should be in over Chris Snee, Brandon Moore should be in ahead of Wade Smith, and Andy Levitre should probably be in over Logan Mankins this year. It's also excruciatingly tough to leave Alex Boone off the roster, but I can't knock Evans or Iupati off either.

Center - Maurkice Pouncey should be replaced by Mike Pouncey, and Jeff Saturday should be replaced by John Sullivan.

Those are my views on the offensive side of the ball. I'll make my recommendations for defense when I have more time.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    I would also take Roddy White over Julio Jones
    Wow. Julio Jones is the straw that stirs the drink for the Falcons. The two WRs are complementary. But Jones is the standard bearer, the guy who does things the others cannot. He has been outstanding.

I think I'd take Luck over Schaub. Also, it would be nice for John Abraham to get some recognition for another excellent season. Without him, their pass rush would be in serious trouble.
    Last edited by wxwax; 12-26-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    I think I'd take Luck over Schaub.
    I'm curious... why? Schaub's completion percentage is 10 points higher (64.2% to 54.3% for Luck).

Blog Entries
    Agreed on Jeff Saturday. I voted for John Sullivan-Minnesota
    Agreed on the Pouncey's. The wrong one got the recognition. I voted for the two Pounceys though.
    Ed Reed should not have made the pro bowl, getting in on name alone. Eric Weddle is a vastly superior player at this point.
    Richard Sherman should have made it over Patrick Peterson.
    Dez Bryant definitely has a case over Victor Cruz.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

The biggest gaffe on this list is ed reed. 100% name recognition. Weddle and Ryan Clark should have been in front of him. Reed at many times is worthless in run defense. Weddle and Clark do it all, and both were arguably the best player on their higher rated defense.

I can't say I watch a lot of the o line, but this was a down year for maurkice. Not his best effort, by far. Ive read lots of raving reviews about Mike this year, so I can't make an argument he wasn't better. Name recognition, a much larger fan base, and all the prior hardware may have swayed it for maurkice.

Speaking of name recognition, a large fan base, and prior hardware... Jeff Saturday?? Really??!! Fortunately he isn't the starter...

No way on God's green earth does luck belong.. kid had a wonderful rookie year, but he's not deserving of a pro bowl.. not yet...

Fullback should be eliminated. Pick another tight end, or wr. Does any team use a fb on more than 50% of the plays these days?

Another name recognition guy was champ Bailey. Haven't seen pro bowl play from him for a long time. He's actually the lowest rated corner on his team. Mccourty belongs first, then Keenan lewis before he does. However Lewis does what good Pittsburgh corners do and defend the play, combined with bad hands resulting in no ints. I'll add lewis has a ridiculous 24 passes defended. Lebeau preaches to keep the play in front of you, so our corners rarely (if ever) jump a route. They play the man first and foremost, and the ball second. That style added to ikes God awful concrete hands has cost him many a pro bowl, this year it has for Lewis. Sorry I can't say more about Mccourty, but I haven't seen enough of him to speak as in depth as I did about Lewis. Perhaps momma b, Amy, or cml can shed some light in depth. His stat line is ridiculous...
    Last edited by mikesteelnation1; 12-27-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by edave View Post
    I'm curious... why? Schaub's completion percentage is 10 points higher (64.2% to 54.3% for Luck).
    This season, Luck has been a game winner. Schaub often hasn't, especially in big games at the end of the season. Heck, they yanked him for his own safety last week.

Anyone but Jeff Saturday. But I'm just done being mad at the Pro Bowl...it's gotten comically bad.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010