Thread: Article: Council of the Learned 2012: Week Seventeen NFL Picks

Article: Council of the Learned 2012: Week Seventeen NFL Picks

As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

It's interesting that even without a point spread, the Council would barely be making money in Vegas.

I know that Houston will be fired up Sunday. But still, they've been so rotten lately that I thought Indianapolis would get more votes. BTW, do people in Indianapolis hate their city being called Indy, the way San Franciscans hate the name 'Frisco?

I think Atlanta will play its healthy starters, at least for a while. Presumably bully-boy Schiano will have his berateds playing hard, but who knows? This game is the biggest unknown of the weekend, for me.

The What Did We Do To Deserve This Bowl is, once again, in Nashville. As if Jets-Titans wasn't bad enough -- and trust me, it was -- now we have equally awful Jax in town. This is God at work. He's trying to level the balance after giving us the hotness that is Taylor Swift.

Kevid Bith? Cobert Grifton? Is it legal to drop acid before you write this column? Lost in the surreal, I am...

First of all, sir, that's Cobert Grifton The 1.5.

And, meth, always meth. Glad you enjoyed it.

Blog Entries
    I'm ATD on Minnesota, Philly, and Jacksonville, although this week is going to be a crapshoot. I can't believe 8 of us selected Washington. That should be a 5-4 spread, and is a 50/50 game. Also, it looks like Atlanta will only play their starters for a half, and Denver could very well already have their fate determined prior to their game at 4:15.

Many have spent a ton of time criticizing Goodell and his decisions on this site, but let me take the opportunity to commend him for something. Filling week 17 with divisional games has been a great move. Even with 10 of the 12 playoff teams already determined, this week still has 9 games being played that will ultimately sort out the entire playoff picture. And due to the divisional nature of these games, even teams like Philly and Detroit, who have nothing else to play for, get the extra motivation of trying to put the final nail in the coffin of their divisional rivals.

Blog Entries
    Atlanta, Jets, Bengals, Bears, Colts, Packers, Patriots, Saints, Eagles, Browns, Jags, Cowboys, Broncos, Chargers, Nners, Rams

Blog Entries
    & A Happy New Year:

TB>ATL
    NYJ<BUF
    BAL<CIN
    CHI>DET
    JAC<TEN
    HOU<IND
    CAR<NO
    PHI>NYG
    CLE>PIT
    KC<DEN