Thread: Will Cook be settled by playoffs?

Will Cook be settled by playoffs?

I blame the recent struggles of the Bengals o-line to getting Cook back in there. It will take a little time to get in the groove with Zeitler and Boling. I just hope that they're settled by next weekend. It's great they are going for the win vs Baltimore Sunday even though the game has no effect on their seeding.

Cook isn't the issue. Zeitler seems to have hit a rookie wall, his play has dropped the last few weeks.

Coaches said Boling was sick for the Philly game, which he gave up 3 sacks.

Blog Entries
    I was never the biggest fan of Cook, but he's going to most likely see a lot of time in the playoffs, so I get why he's been getting time during games. I think the offense is better when Robinson is in, and I hope he's the full-time starter next season.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Robinson has a bright future, but he wasn't ready physically for Hampton and Ngata. Hampton whipped him in week 8.

In general, I don't think he was ready for Pittsburgh or Baltimore. those games are intense, and like nothing he had seen in his 6 or so starts.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, like I said, I know why they played Cook, but I think Robinson is better long-term.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by vancemeek View Post
    Yeah, like I said, I know why they played Cook, but I think Robinson is better long-term.
    will be interesting to see how it plays out. Cook is bigger and stronger (that may change with an offseason of lifting for robinson), Robinson is more athletic, but you also have to love the mean streak Cook plays with.

Robinson went to Notre Dame so you know he's smart, but Cook is also widely considered one of the smartest players in the league.

I agree with most points already made but would like to thank Cook for finally being a decent option at center since the Brahm era hemorrhage. Ghiaciuc anyone?
    My hypocrisy goes only so far.