Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Movies to watch

Favorite Movies to watch

Not so much your favorite movies all time, or movies you think are the best, but what movies for you, if they're on or if you're in the mood to watch a movie, you find yourself always in the mood to watch?

I don't always choose them, but whenever I choose to get out a movie from the DVD case (I have a good 250 dvd's), the National Treasure, Pirates of the Caribbean and Ocean's 11/12/13 movies are always some of the first movies in my head as far as "what do I want to watch?"

How about you?

Blog Entries
    Varsity Blues
    Bad Boys 1&2
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy
    The Sandlot

The LOTR Trilogy is like The Dark Knight (my favorite movie) for me. 4 of the best movies I own, but the length of them keep me from watching them more than probably would if they were shorter (and granted they wouldn't be as good if they were shorter).

Blog Entries
    They are so epic the length doesn't bother me. Especially at home since i can pause to go to the bathroom or get snacks.

its not so much that they are too long to watch but rather I have time to watch a 1 1/2 - 2 hour movie, but not so much a 3 hour movie.

Movies I stop and watch when they're on...

Groundhog Day
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    Constantine
    Sullivan's Travels
    The Thin Man series

I'm more likely to re-watch a feelgood movie than I am a serious drama.

Airplane
    Babe
    The Dirty Dozen
    The Godfather
    Kingpin

I rarely watch movies for a second time - but I've seen these ones at least 5 times each.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Oh gosh. I am guilty with a bunch. We can start with the five greatest movies of all time (excluding The Trinity Minus Ewoks.)

Conan The Barbarian (1982)
    Tremors (1990)
    Wizards (1977)
    The Terminator (1984)
    Highlander (1986)

We can move on to include Raiders of the Lost Ark, Hunt For Red October, The Adventures of Ford Fairlane (gets better every time I see it,) Octopussy, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, Pale Rider, Any Which Way You Can, Charade, 13th Warrior, The Sword & The Sorcerer, Silverado, Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, High Plains Drifter, The Man With No Name Trilogy, Wrath of Khan, In The Mood For Love, The Tuxedo, Stakeout, Lethal Weapon 1 and 2, The Fifth Element, Robocop, to name a few.

I will copy and paste Scott's list and then add Groundhog Day from wxwax. I won't necessarily choose those movies but if I come across them while flipping channels I usually leave them on.

Robocop and Judge Dredd are in a dead heat for the "Worst Movie That Is Fun to Watch" title.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Robocop and Judge Dredd are in a dead heat for the "Worst Movie That Is Fun to Watch" title.
    I forgot that one. Rob Schneider doing Stallone had me choking.