Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoff Challenge

NFL Playoff Challenge

I didn't see a league created here, so I went ahead and created one for anyone interested in playing the NFL Playoff Challenge. It's free and pretty fun!

http://playoffchallenge.fantasy.nfl.com/group/24049

Password: ThisIsSparta

Hope to see ya join up!

Excellent! Thanks Sparta.

Only 4 people in. Wild card games start on Saturday.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

I goofed, I didn't realize it was fantasy teams, sorry.

I'm still figuring out strategy. It looks like if you select a player on bye, you get no points for this week but you get the x2 multiplier for next week, right?

is it just like drafting a normal fantasy team?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBearsFan View Post
    I'm still figuring out strategy. It looks like if you select a player on bye, you get no points for this week but you get the x2 multiplier for next week, right?
    Yes, that's correct.

You select your team based in part on who you think is going to do well, but also on who you think is going to advance farther into the playoffs, and each round a player is on your roster, the point multiple for their performance increases. For example, players starting this week will earn standard scoring, but if the player advances to the next round, they'll earn double scoring. If that player advances to the 3rd round, you'll get triple points, and quadruple points if that player makes it to the Super Bowl.

There are a couple of strategic caveats: If you opt to choose a player on a bye week for the first round, you'll automatically get double points for their performance in the second round. However, you'll also be forgoing any potential points from the first round. Also, if you start a player and their team is eliminated, you'll have the option of choosing another player who's team advanced. However, you'll only get single points for that player for the first week they're on your roster, double points for the next week if their team is still on contention, and so on.

Hope this helps clear some things up!

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    is it just like drafting a normal fantasy team?
    Nope. Everyone participating can draft any player still active in the post-season. If everyone wants to start Adrian Peterson and Gronk, they can.

That is what I thought, thank you very much Sparta. Still gonna think on this to make some final decisions, but I think I've got a general idea on what I'm going to do.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for putting this together, Sparta.
    "So whose fault is it? It's all Trumpet's fault. Just because."

-Andy Freeland