Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Black Monday 2012

Article: Black Monday 2012

As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

Jeffrey Lurie fired Reid this morning. He will give a presser at noon eastern.

"Andy Reid won the most games of any head coach in Eagles history and he is someone I respect greatly and will remain friends with for many years to come,” said Lurie. "But, it is time for the Eagles to move in a new direction. Coach Reid leaves us with a winning tradition that we can build upon. And we are very excited about the future.”

"The search for the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles will begin immediately," said Lurie.

Looking forward to the new Team Haslam! Go Browns!

Adam Schefter reporting that the Bears are sending out consent forms to interview head coaches. Haven't seen any official word on Lovie's status

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...72227239104512

-Pioli keeping his job is a real kick in the crotch to that fan base. IMO.
    Last edited by Colts01; 12-31-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Jay Cutler has cut his radio show short due to news at Halas Hall. Lovie Smith is done in Chicago. Finishes with 81-63 regular season record and 3-3 in three playoff appearances for a total 84-66 record.

Blog Entries
    Someone on my facebook feed just announced that Chan has been fired. Does this count?

Also, while I had high hopes for hm, his Wannstedting made this OK by me.

I think the Bills are going to go after Gruden hard.
    Last edited by ScottDCP; 12-31-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Pioli is still here in KC. But that isn't absolute.

Rivera seems safe in Carolina. Cardinals news is unknown right now. Surprisingly, Munchak seems safe.

Jets have changed presser time.

Blog Entries
    Browns appear to be hiring a coach first, who they think will have an expanded role in personnel decisions, then will find a GM. Sounds like Banner will have final say on the roster.