Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mvp

Blog Entries

Mvp

There is no doubt in my mind who the MVP is for this season, and his stellar stats should allow the trophy to be retired.

Your NFL 2012 MVP - Dr. James Andrews

Blog Entries
    AP.

I like Peyton, but, AP has been the MVP. He's carried a team to the playoffs, from the running back slot, and had an amazing year.
    "Amy is happily drinking the tears of Broncos fans." Giantsfan97.

Blog Entries
    I love what JJ Watt did, myself.

But if they don't give it to AD, then they should just rename it the best QB
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    I love what JJ Watt did, myself.

But if they don't give it to AD, then they should just rename it the best QB award.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind who the MVP is for this season, and his stellar stats should allow the trophy to be retired.

I'm stealing that line. I don't know about MVP, but certainly a lifetime achievement award.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I'm stealing that line. I don't know about MVP, but certainly a lifetime achievement award.
    Somebody said it on Twitter Sunday, but I can't remember who.

AP should win MVP. Manning was great, but AP had one of those seasons that transcends football. Fans of 32 NFL teams wanted to see him run every week, and cheered him toward a record. Peyton Manning's season was great. Adrian Peterson's season was magic.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post

Phew. I was worried you were going to say Calvin Johnson.

I was pulling for CJ2K when he went over 2000 yards. I just think having a 2000 yard season in 2012 is too impressive to pass up. AP gets my vote. He's going to go down as one of the best ever.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

100% Peterson. It's the second best season by a running back ever. A season in which he pulled his team with his garbage qb on his back and ran to a playoff berth going 4-1 down a murders row stretch run that most saw as a 1-4 in the preseason.

Just a small pet peeve, but the man's nickname is AD (all day) NOT AP, which is quite fitting given the performance he gave this year. I'm sure he'd appreciate we used his proper nickname
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Blog Entries
    AP are his initials, and what I use.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco