Thread: Article: There's Always 2013: Arizona Cardinals

Article: There's Always 2013: Arizona Cardinals

As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

Blog Entries
    Hall Of Fame QB masks a lot of ills. I think the coaches got too much credit for Kurt Warner's run a few years back, and the personnel hasn't improved enough at other offensive positions to give the a fighting chance with their QB problem. Poor buggers.

Obviously, QB and o-line, as you said. That o-line is getting their guys killed.

It's so bad they've given themselves a nickname:

The Lomas Browns.

The new coach and GM in Arizona will clearly need to bring in another QB. Maybe they can rework Kolb's deal to be more cap friendly, and appropriate for a backup QB. They need to build the offense through the draft (with high picks) but also bring in good quality free-agents for the O-line, WR, QB, TE and RB to help kick-start the offense right away. I hope they have some cap room in 2013.

It was clear to everyone that the Cardinals were going nowhere fast, even backwards, so the firing of the coaching staff and GM was necessary. Even if the Cards hire a defensive guy as Head Coach(like current Def. Coor. Horton, who interviewed today), spend the money to bring in a proven offensive coordinator. The Rams vastly improved their offense with the hiring of Brian Schottenheimer as Off. Coordinator, when defensive guru Jeff Fisher took over as Head Coach.

Blog Entries
    taking a wr instead of an OL should have led to firing right after the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    Hall Of Fame QB masks a lot of ills. I think the coaches got too much credit for Kurt Warner's run a few years back, and the personnel hasn't improved enough at other offensive positions to give the a fighting chance with their QB problem. Poor buggers.
    This.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf2300 View Post
    the firing of the coaching staff and GM was necessary.
    I don't see Whisenhunt as the problem. More a victim. He got those guys to play hard when, as you say, it was obvious they were going nowhere. They had no business going 4-0, let alone beating the Pats in New England.

I heard the possibility of Andy Reid going to the Cardinals. Maybe with the idea that he could do something with kolb.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    Spot on.

18-30 since Warner retired (and last season's 8-8 record deceives as the Cards were 1-6 to start the year). A 7 game losing skid in 2010 followed by an early season 6 game losing run in 2011 followed by a 10 game string of losses this year would seem to indicate that Whisenhunt is a guy without too many answers. That is a run of losing streaks that may be unmatched in NFL history. Three straight years with losing streaks of 6 or more games may be unprecedented.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

I look at his QB's and I forgive him. Also, I have a hard time faulting the head coach for a lack of talent on the squad.