Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildcard thread

Wildcard thread

I'm not optimistic about the Redskins' chances against Seattle. The Seahawks concede the fewest points per game in the NFL, they have an excellent rush attack and they have a resourceful and elusive QB. Terrific combination.

My hope is twofold. One, despite their scoring prowess, the Seahawks defense is actually among the poorest in yards per carry allowed, at 4.5. Since the 'Skins can run the ball, there's a glimmer here. Two, Eli manning's utter confusion at FedEx. He didn't know what he was looking at. If the 'Skins can do that to a vet, maybe they can also do it to a rookie.

It's not much, but hey, it's something.

Blog Entries
    You forgot something - the game is at FedEx. Seattle is 7-1 at home, 4-4 on the road. I think it will be the closest of the weekend's games, but I think Washington wins it.
    "Amy is happily drinking the tears of Broncos fans." Giantsfan97.

I'm smelling the Seahawks in this one.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    You forgot something - the game is at FedEx. Seattle is 7-1 at home, 4-4 on the road. I think it will be the closest of the weekend's games, but I think Washington wins it.
    Very true, Amy. Fingers crossed! Seattle isn't a precision team that relies on their artificial turf for timing routes, so I guess I undervalued the home turf advantage. But FedEx should have a pretty decent atmosphere on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Very true, Amy. Fingers crossed! Seattle isn't a precision team that relies on their artificial turf for timing routes, so I guess I undervalued the home turf advantage. But FedEx should have a pretty decent atmosphere on Sunday.
    And even though Russell Wilson has played well, its a different animal traveling on the road in the playoffs. Although there are rookie QBs that have pulled it off. I think the Skins win a close one.

Actually, the Seahawks were 3-5 on the road with one OT victory against the Bears. They were 8*-0 at home. On the road, they lost to the likes of Matt Stafford, Sam Bradford and Skelton/Kolb.

EDIT: Shameless plug, podcast up late tonight previewing the whole Wild Card Weekend.
    Last edited by Rich Gapinski; 01-04-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Ah Rich, you beat me with the 8*-0 thing
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Gapinski View Post
    Actually, the Seahawks were 3-5 on the road with one OT victory against the Bears. They were 8*-0 at home. On the road, they lost to the likes of Matt Stafford, Sam Bradford and Skelton/Kolb.

EDIT: Shameless plug, podcast up late tonight previewing the whole Wild Card Weekend.
    Technically one of their road wins was at a neutral site (Toronto). They managed to also win at Chicago and Carolina. They didn't get blown out in any of their road losses though.

Do people really still think the Redskins OL isn't good? I mean comeeee on. I could have run through those holes that Morris ran thru. People need to watch more Indy, Pittsburgh, or GB to see some bad OL play.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    Do people really still think the Redskins OL isn't good? I mean comeeee on. I could have run through those holes that Morris ran thru. People need to watch more Indy, Pittsburgh, or GB to see some bad OL play.
    Everyone already said they have a great run blocking O-line, but their pass blocking is bad. Don't change the argument.