Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Complete tear

Blog Entries

Complete tear

RGIII is out 6-8 months with a complete tear of the ACL and LCL. Will undergo surgery. This is why I prefer my QBs in the pocket. I wish him a speedy AP-like recovery.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Man, so he may be out for all of camp? Wow. Ouch. Speedy recovery, dude.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

I'm convinced that any second opinion by Andrews means the worst. I'm not saying Andrews has an angle, I'm saying the teams already fear the worst and are praying that someone they are wrong. They never are.

This is the 2nd ACL tear for RG3, he had one in college. I don't know if it was the same knee.

It was. The MRI on Monday was sketchy because the Skins doctors had to try to see past the screw and the rubber band in the knee.

You'll have to copy/paste,but this article was written pre-draft and gives insight to the type of "rehabber" he is.I would'nt be surprised to see him under center in the opener.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...8ArS_blog.html

Quote Originally Posted by vancemeek View Post
    RGIII is out 6-8 months with a complete tear of the ACL and LCL. Will undergo surgery. This is why I prefer my QBs in the pocket. I wish him a speedy AP-like recovery.
    This is why Andrew Luck will have a better pro career than RG III. And also why you need to limit RG III's running. Mobility is great for a QB. But a QB that runs is not sustainable.

Ouch.

Let's hope that he ends up like Adrian Peterson and not like Bo Jackson - a player we tell the grandkids about after saying "What might have been."
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
    This is why Andrew Luck will have a better pro career than RG III. And also why you need to limit RG III's running. Mobility is great for a QB. But a QB that runs is not sustainable.
    You know that it's believed at this time that Griffin suffered the injury just trying to plant his foot on a pass, right? And that it didn't have anything to do with scrambling or running at all, right?
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    You know that it's believed at this time that Griffin suffered the injury just trying to plant his foot on a pass, right? And that it didn't have anything to do with scrambling or running at all, right?
    RGIII seems to be more injury prone than other QBs. Even if he suffers an injury doing basic QBing functions, you don't put your injury prone QBs in additional risky situations by having him run a lot. Eventually those injuries will add up and he will lose his athleticisim to be an effective running QB. How many running QBs can you name that have had successful careers in the NFL? Especially in recent years.