Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids Today

Kids Today

I teach a course at a local college during the winter semester. First day of class for me, first class and a student told me that he thought the moon landings may have been faked.

It's going to be a long few months.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

He THINKS they MAY HAVE BEEN faked?!?!

I read a quote somewhere that gargantuan conspiracy theories are a way of improving upon reality. Neat way of putting it, I thought.

Does planet earth have a unanimous opinion about anything? I guess there will always be the 10%, no matter how crazy their belief. We're capable of devoutly believing some pretty whacky stuff.

Never show this guy your back.

The moon landings were obviously faked. Everyone knows that. In fact, almost all of the 60's was faked. Moon landing, Woodstock, Vietnam, all filmed on the back lot at Universal Studios.

Here is incontrovertible proof that the moon landings were faked. When I look up at the night sky, I can easily cover the moon with one hand. The folks at "NASA" would have you believe they had several people and a big spaceship on the moon. Several people and a big spaceship will not fit in my hand. Go ahead, argue with that. I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    The moon landings were obviously faked. Everyone knows that. In fact, almost all of the 60's was faked. Moon landing, Woodstock, Vietnam, all filmed on the back lot at Universal Studios.

Here is incontrovertible proof that the moon landings were faked. When I look up at the night sky, I can easily cover the moon with one hand. The folks at "NASA" would have you believe they had several people and a big spaceship on the moon. Several people and a big spaceship will not fit in my hand. Go ahead, argue with that. I dare you.
    It was a small spaceship, and one that is very hard to believe at that. And the moon "landing" wasn't shot on the back lot at Universal, it was an independent soundstage in Burbank.

So we may conclude Andy has little hands.

Pruitt, as a fairly recent college grad, let me apologize for the idiocy of my generation. Please inform him to wear his tin foil hat at all times, so we can know to ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Science. It Works... ?

9/11 was an inside job... Ask Charlie Sheen.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBearsFan View Post
    Pruitt, as a fairly recent college grad, let me apologize for the idiocy of my generation. Please inform him to wear his tin foil hat at all times, so we can know to ignore him.

Science. It Works... ?
    It's my second year of teaching, and I have already learned that there are a lot of, shall we say, strange kids out there.

I once read that we live in an age where people are so cynical, they will believe anything. Which leads me to Sparta's quote:
    9/11 was an inside job... Ask Charlie Sheen.
    Part of the course I teach involves documentary film and television. First homework assignment s for students to watch a documentary - any documentary - and write a short review.

Last year, four out of the 60 students reviewed videos they watched on YouTube that proved 9/11 was an inside job. Of the four, only one of them said that the premise of the film was wrong.

And they are old enough to vote.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    And they are old enough to vote.
    I do not object to raising the Age Of Majority to 35.