Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Clicked "Like?"

Who Clicked "Like?"

Just got an update from the Browns on Facebook announcing that henceforth "Cleveland Browns Stadium" will be called "First Energy Stadium."

Whatever - such is the reality of sports these days.

But hundreds of people "liked" the announcement. Why? I just don't get it.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

They like the team getting fresh revenue?

Blog Entries
    I guess it could be worse.
    @kocsan

Its the Browns. I'm sure they are happy to get any type of fresh start.

Blog Entries
    What IS First Energy?

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    What IS First Energy?
    They're a northeastern energy conglomerate which is far too busy pissing away todays profits on executive compensation and now stadium naming to bother upgrading some seriously aging infrastructure. When you think of north east power problems, think First Energy!! We'll be on the hook to rebuild most of it within the next 20 years.

More importantly, these bozos somehow managed to get board approval to become the energy brand associated with the factory of sadness. Just stunning.

The power "grid" in the United States is a fascinating an underreported subject.

Quote Originally Posted by edave View Post
    They're a northeastern energy conglomerate which is far too busy pissing away todays profits on executive compensation and now stadium naming to bother upgrading some seriously aging infrastructure. When you think of north east power problems, think First Energy!! We'll be on the hook to rebuild most of it within the next 20 years.

More importantly, these bozos somehow managed to get board approval to become the energy brand associated with the factory of sadness. Just stunning.
    No terms were announced, but in Houston:
    The largest of these deals involves the Houston Texans. The Texans sold their stadium's naming rights to CenterPoint Energy's Reliant Energy for $300 million over 30 years.
    One has to wonder about the health of our culture when a company spends that kind of cash when they do not have any products to sell. If what Dave says is true - and I am sure that it is - this is the sort of deal that should get consumer advocates screaming.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Remember the massive blackout of August 2003 that affected the midwest and parts of the northeast?
    That was brought to you by First Energy.
    They tend not to mention that episode, kind of an unconvenient truth for them.
    Does this mean The Factory of Sadness will now become The Factory of Darkness?

Imagine the satire after a home shutout.
    "This brownout has been brought to you by First Energy"
    "When you think of darkness, think of us First"