Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o

Blog Entries

Manti Te'o

I won't go into a big explanation, mostly because it's all so crazy and convoluted, but it appears as though the girlfriend that supposedly died in September, which he rode to stardom, didn't even exist. Deadspin has the story:

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax

Notre Dame released a statement saying Te'o was the victim of a hoax, but they don't really make much sense in the context that they say they've known about it for 3 weeks, and that Te'o spent time with the girl, who apparently looked nothing like her pictures on Twitter. Weird story that is sure to get major play for a while.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Blog Entries
    Obviously this is speculation on my part, but I feel like Te'o was in on it all along. Reading the Deadspin article, it seems very evident than Te'o and Tuiasosopo (yes, there's a Tuiasosopo involved) knew each other quite well. I find it hard to believe that he and Te'o could've been so closely connected, yet Te'o was clueless enough to believe this whole thing for over a year.
    Last edited by KabaModernFan; 01-16-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

This day has been nuts.

Blog Entries
    Just hearing that ESPN asked Te'o if they could contact her family for a statement and Te'o said they wanted privacy. ESPN the asked if they could have some pictures. Te'o again said no, that the family would prefer no pictures. Strange in retrospect.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Blog Entries
    To clarify the previous post, the requests were back in October when they interviewed him.

Blog Entries
    I have no idea how true this is, but I'm hearing comments that Lennay Kekua wasn't her real name. That she was registered at Stanford and for her SSN as Lennay Marie Wochinski. Now how true that is I have no idea, just what I am hearing.

Blog Entries
    Apparently that wasn't true because this has been released:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ctim-of-a-hoax

Oh, just to clarify. I'm sorry to tell you that I do exist. Also, sadly, this site does not. You are all here in John Malkovich's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by vancemeek View Post
    Just hearing that ESPN asked Te'o if they could contact her family for a statement and Te'o said they wanted privacy. ESPN the asked if they could have some pictures. Te'o again said no, that the family would prefer no pictures. Strange in retrospect.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...pparently-hoax

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    Apparently that wasn't true because this has been released:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ctim-of-a-hoax
    They said it appears to be a hoax. There's nothing else they can really say.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Blog Entries
    There are lots of inconsistencies in the whole story. Why did Notre Dame let ESPN run a piece on the girl before the BCS game when they knew about it since Dec 26th?

Why did Te'o say they met online, when there are stories about them meeting at a ND/Stanford game a few years ago?

How did Te'o not realize that she looked different in person than in her pictures online?

There was definitely a hoax, but who played who?