Thread: AFL team guarantees wins

AFL team guarantees wins

The Orlando Predators are offering a reimbursement to season ticket holders if they win less than 10 games.
    see: http://www.swxrightnow.com/story/206...rantee-to-fans

desperation maybe, I wonder what happens when players get injured, after a number of inj's I'd expect them to lose.
    it's not just black and white, there's some grey areas to go over ...

I can name a few NFL teams from that same state that should not make the same promise.

This is kinda like those buy-one-get-one-free deals. The catch is, first you have to buy one.

I've heard that the Pirates are contemplating a similar guarantee but they're going to make it 8 wins instead of 10.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I've heard that the Pirates are contemplating a similar guarantee but they're going to make it 8 wins instead of 10.
    You'll rue the day, Freeland!

This is finally our year!!!

Maybe...
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post

You'll rue the day, Freeland!

This is finally our year!!!

Maybe...
    Ok, probably not. But I personally guarantee more than 10 wins this season.

Maybe...
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

I love it. I tried to get into the AFL back in high school. It's kind of fun, but I much prefer the polished NFL. Plus, the defense plays better than most claim. The ads always hinted that scores would reach the 100s combined. Rarely happened.

That being said, I smell collusion here. I think we're seeing a fabricated story to garner interest for the whole league.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

I went to two Arena games here. The key is sitting by the boards, feels like they fall into your lap when they get hit. But I can't believe nobody's yet been paralyzed by those same boards. It's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    I went to two Arena games here. The key is sitting by the boards, feels like they fall into your lap when they get hit. But I can't believe nobody's yet been paralyzed by those same boards. It's crazy.
    I'd imagine the boards kind of help them stay safe. The field is constricted and the players are basically encouraged to ride the boards. Any violent hit by the boards would be the midsection to the boards, so more in the area of rib injuries. I doubt many players, if any, go head first into the boards.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010