Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Draft Media

Draft Media

What do you guys use to research players/mock drafts for the draft?? My favorite that I've found is the NFL Draft podcast from ESPN...Mel Kiper and Todd McShay actually talk like humans and share A LOT of knowledge. It's great.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

www.draftcoundown.com

Used to use nfldraftscout.com a lot, which is now part of CBS Sports.

I use walterfootball.com for lists of players and combine numbers, but don't pay attention to their rankings/opinions. They're basically like PFT. Great at compiling information from other sources, but their opinion on football isn't worth the imaginary piece of paper its written on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    www.draftcoundown.com

Used to use nfldraftscout.com a lot, which is now part of CBS Sports.

I use walterfootball.com for lists of players and combine numbers, but don't pay attention to their rankings/opinions. They're basically like PFT. Great at compiling information from other sources, but their opinion on football isn't worth the imaginary piece of paper its written on.
    Awesome! I used to use NFL Draft Countdown back in HS. I went to the 2005 NFL Draft with my buddy and we used that site EVERY day to countdown the seconds until we got to go! I find that NFP's rankings are pretty good too, though I'm not that crazy about Wes Bunting or whatever his name is.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    I used to use something from 4th Down productions. They would send me a DVD with a bio, their analysis, and tape for the top 100 or so players.

A friend and I used to go to a bar for the entire draft. We had 300 page notebooks with analysis and the DVD was in a laptop so that when ESPN showed a guess prior to a selection, we could bring up our own highlights real.

We got a lot of envious stares from the other patrons and staff, but we tipped real well so they loved us.

Blog Entries
    Draftbreakdown.com has game video of prospects. It's an entire game condensed down to only the plays that prospect was in for.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    I find that NFP's rankings are pretty good too, though I'm not that crazy about Wes Bunting or whatever his name is.
    Bunting got a job somewhere in the NFL. Russell Lande took his place.

Kiper's only good at figuring out where a player's going to end up, but that's what the average fan mainly cares about. McShay's not really good for anything. Just ask Jevan Snead.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Blog Entries
    Here's a video link to some of the better college seniors in the country...

I'll predict that Quatro Quatro will be a late riser in mocks, but I really like the athleticism Hingle McCringleberry has shown throughout his college career.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    McShay's not really good for anything. Just ask Jevan Snead.
    Five out of five stars. You win the internet. Literally made me laugh out loud.

Although in his defense, practically everybody was in love with Snead after that Cotton Bowl game.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Blog Entries
    Kaba, have you watched much of Amerson? I've watched some tape from last year and this year and it's a little staggering the difference in his level of play to me. Almost like he either wasn't trying as much this year or was hurt or something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    Kaba, have you watched much of Amerson? I've watched some tape from last year and this year and it's a little staggering the difference in his level of play to me. Almost like he either wasn't trying as much this year or was hurt or something.
    It's possible he was affected by early season struggles against Tennessee and Clemson. A lot of people point to those games when talking about Amerson and that maybe those poor performances got inside his head. It seems like teams just figured out how to exploit him though. He doesn't have great speed and he's very over-aggressive. Somebody mentioned it on here, I think it may have been Docta, that Amerson's future could be at safety. He played safety in high school and his ball skills and aggressive play style seem to fit there. If he runs poorly at the Combine and at his Pro Day, I think it's an idea that should really be considered.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01