Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Site feedback

Site feedback

Thanks to all for a great first day, it was really better than any of us expected. In retrospect, I should have realized that launching on the Bill Simmons show was a great idea. His audience is the perfect mix of tech savvy and sports fanatics.

As you hopefully can tell from the site, our goal is football first, business second. All of us at FPL work in the football industry in some capacity and really see this as a great resource for research. While it won't always be ad free, we will try to keep any future ads as unobtrusive as possible.

In addition to being a contributor and (primarly) a fan, I am also designed the site. I desperately need any and all feedback from you to keep the site as usable as possible. All suggestions are welcome, from small design ideas (move this here, make this easier to find, etc), to major content concepts. We are looking into live web chats and podcasts, hopefully in the near future. Please feel free to post any ideas, suggestions or questions here in the feedback forum or send me an IM.

Thank you,

Andy Freeland

Question deleted. I found my own answer.
    --
    buzmeg
    (aka bobC)
    Last edited by buzmeg; 07-06-2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: found my own answer

Blog Entries
    I have my first official piece of feedback. Could we get level type credit for participating in the chats? The reason I ask is that between Buckeye, Danny, Colts, buzmeg, ....(I know I'm forgetting someone), and myself, we could probably be forum ninjas after last nights chat. Just a thought.
    Last edited by FessJL0861; 07-09-2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: clarification
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Why is there not an option to have an avatar and why can we not post quick replies?

Otherwise this is a very good forum. I used to roam GridironFans until it fell apart. I've been looking for a forum for a month or two. I found you guys on ProFootballTalk and was attracted by the Cris Collinswoth celeb appeal
    [URL="http://www.reservationforsix.com"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="red"]www.reservationforsix.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theeraser21 View Post
    Why is there not an option to have an avatar...?
    If you click on settings, and then "edit profile picture" that should allow you to have one. It wont show in the forum, but it will when you comment on the articles (correct me if I'm wrong Andy).
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

You are correct Fess.
    And quick replies are enabled, are they not working for you, theeraser21?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    You are correct Fess.
    And quick replies are enabled, are they not working for you, theeraser21?
    Nevermind, I just tried to quick reply the response, and it worked

thanks
    [URL="http://www.reservationforsix.com"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="red"]www.reservationforsix.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

One thing that would be nice - when clicking on the most recent comments on the right side of the home page, the user should be directed to that comment (e.g. the last page of comments). We most likely don't need to be redirected to the beginning of the topic; we can click on the topic headline itself for that.

Blog Entries
    You know Bear, I really hadn't thought about that but now that you mention it, I 2nd the motion.

Quote Originally Posted by BearThruThickNThin View Post
    One thing that would be nice - when clicking on the most recent comments on the right side of the home page, the user should be directed to that comment (e.g. the last page of comments). We most likely don't need to be redirected to the beginning of the topic; we can click on the topic headline itself for that.
    I agree and Cris has requested that also. I will look into it.
    I did put the page navigation at the top of the comments as well as the bottom just for this reason, but going to the last post would be much better.