Thread: Marshall is Never Letting Go.

Blog Entries

Marshall is Never Letting Go.

Big surprise, Marshall Faulk went Phoebe Snow over Spygate at the Super Bowl. Some stories never die. Faulk reiterates the claim that the Patriots cheated the Rams out of a Super Bowl, the one that began a streak of wins for the Belichick led Pats in the big game. Since Spygate, and the end of the Pats practice of illegally videotaping opposing teams signals so they could make checks at halftime, the Patriots have lost the two Super Bowls they played in. Some think... Faulk is a sore loser. Others think he's right and the Pats, who play in the AFC East, one of the NFL's perrenial cupcake divisions, are not as good a team, and Bill B. not the genius he's purported to be, since they've been prevented from cheating. I would say it's a stretch to buy into Faulk's complaint, had it not been for the Broncos first Super Bowl win against my Packers. When the Broncos came out at halftime and were so fast the Pack looked like they were wearing led boots I told everyone at the SB party that they were juiced. And that offseason the NFL quietly banned an echinacea based substance that EAS was selling. A few years later we learned that Denver had cheated on the salary cap in 1995 (long suspected as John Elway and Broncs owner Pat Bowlen both owned car dealerships and were constantly swapping cars). Quietly, they were fined a third round pick for cheating in a Super Bowl winning year. EAS now has sole license to provide supplements to NFL players. And we will never know for sure. Bad move destroying the evidence, Commish.
    http://www.csnne.com/football-new-en...blockID=827977
    therockitblogger.wordpress.com

Curious how others feel about Spygate, specifically if they think NE was the only team doing it?
    While at times I get all harrumphed about cheating, I've always thought the Patriots just got caught doing what some other teams had done as well.
    And while some like to talk how NE has not won a SB since getting caught, it is not like the team has stopped winning, they have still had one of the highest winning percentages in the league.

Joe Gibbs was seen taking a long gun from his trunk the night Joe Theismann went down. Think it's a coincidence we never saw the medical examiner's report on the leg wound... sorry, break?

Love me some conspiracy theories.

Blog Entries
    Think it was George Allen who used to check the trees around the practice field for guys with cameras. Probably with good reason. Sports combines superstitious, sometimes paranoid people with people who are more than willing to cheat to win. Anything is possible, you just can't be too careful. Guess if I was a coach I'd assume everyone else was cheating and behave accordingly.
    therockitblogger.wordpress.com

I think Faulk should also go after Mike Martz for giving the game to the Pats.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur