Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Prop Bet Challenge-

Blog Entries

Super Bowl Prop Bet Challenge-

I've set up a prop bet challenge on espn. If you're interesting in joining, please follow the link.

http://games.espn.go.com/super-bowl-...l-super-pickem

Password: gobigorgohome
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Hmm, need all my expertise to predict coin toss and halftime songs.

I like the choice of which is higher: jersey number of first TD scorer, or final score.
    Last edited by wxwax; 01-31-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    There's still time to research how long Alicia Keys' rendition of the National Anthem will last.

Don't forget to get your picks in.

-Marion Motley

I'm in.

In like on prom night!!
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Let's hope Alicia Keys really hams it up.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Blog Entries
    I'm disappointed with the o/u on the anthem. There's no reason for anyone to extend it much past 1:30. For it to be 1:53, which I'm guessing is based off of her previous performances, disappoints me. I'm going under out of sheer principle.

And if the SB is in NO, it's unacceptable to not have Harry Connick or Wynton Marsalis featured somewhere. I'd even settle for the Preservation Hall Jazz Band breaking out Mustang Sally or Struttin' With Some Barbeque at this point.

-Marion Motley

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    I'm disappointed with the o/u on the anthem. There's no reason for anyone to extend it much past 1:30. For it to be 1:53, which I'm guessing is based off of her previous performances, disappoints me. I'm going under out of sheer principle.
    You've got some company. This is a pretty funny take: The National Anthem: Patriotism and Stopwatches

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    Let's hope Alicia Keys really hams it up.
    That's what I'm counting on. Nobody ever sings that thing the way it's written anymore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edave View Post
    You've got some company. This is a pretty funny take: The National Anthem: Patriotism and Stopwatches
    That is good stuff. I agree with his thoughts pretty much entirely. I have no problem with putting a little twist on it, but there's a point when the Anthem ceases to be our National Anthem, and simply becomes a new arrangement of "The Star-Spangled Banner". Whitney Houston? Her performance was long, but it maintained the integrity (and then some) of what our nation's Anthem is supposed to be all about. Marvin Gaye? GREAT rendition of the "Star-Spangled Banner" prior to the NBA All-Star game in 1983, but in no way did that represent our National Anthem. Kelly Clarkson was great last year. I'm hoping, but not holding my breath, that Alicia Keys does the Anthem justice tonight.

As an aside, "America The Beautiful" should be our National Anthem anyway, in my opinion, but that's another discussion for another day.

-Marion Motley