Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Combine Open Thread

2013 Combine Open Thread

I thought we should have an open thread in case there's anyone else out there sick enough to sit around all day and watch the combine.

A couple of hours in and the major story is the speed of the o-linemen. Terron Armstead ran a 4.65. Lane Johnson ran a 4.75.

Blog Entries
    Am I the only one who thinks that California center Brian Schwenke looks like he should be employed at a comic book store?
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that California center Brian Schwenke looks like he should be employed at a comic book store?

Kaba, what do you know of David Bahktiari? Seems like an interesting prospect, and Bengals scouts have been sighted at quite a few Colorado games this year.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 02-23-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Kaba, what do you know of David Bahktiari? Seems like an interesting prospect, and Bengals scouts have been scouted at quite a few Colorado games this year.
    Bakhtiari is interesting because he really kind of came out of nowhere. I was a bit surprised that he came out this year. From what I've seen of him, he's got a really quick burst off the snap and is very athletic. Long arms and strong hands, but he's a little undersized and might not have the footwork to stick at tackle in the NFL. I currently have him as an early third-round guy.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    Bakhtiari is interesting because he really kind of came out of nowhere. I was a bit surprised that he came out this year. From what I've seen of him, he's got a really quick burst off the snap and is very athletic. Long arms and strong hands, but he's a little undersized and might not have the footwork to stick at tackle in the NFL. I currently have him as an early third-round guy.
    Longest legs I remember seeing on a prospect.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I thought we should have an open thread in case there's anyone else out there sick enough to sit around all day and watch the combine.

A couple of hours in and the major story is the speed of the o-linemen. Terron Armstead ran a 4.65. Lane Johnson ran a 4.75.
    Terron Armstead probably moved himself up into late 2nd round consideration with his 40 and 10 yard splits both very athletic. May be better off moving inside to OG though. Lane Johnson solidified himself as a top 15 pick to me with this good combine too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Longest legs I remember seeing on a prospect.
    How long were they? I missed it.

Blog Entries
    Really excited to watch the TE's. I think this class has a great chance to be a great TE class. I really like Eifert, Ertz, Reed, Mcdonald, Sims, Gragg, Rivera, Fauria, Kelce and Escobar. I think this could be an absolutely FANTASTIC TE class.