Thread: Article: Lonely Prom

Article: Lonely Prom

As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

I heard Barnwell on the BS Report (which I have been deleting more often than not after downloading and before listening, because really, who wants to hear an hour of Luke Perry or some guy talking about reality shows?).

Anyway, Barnwell was telling Simmons to relax - Belichicck was probably just waiting until the teams with a lot of money blew their wad of cash. Theory being that savvy GMs would then swoop in and sign aging stars for very little cash.

Smart move too - the guys listed in the article could certainly help a lot of teams. And while the Buddy Nixes of the football world are splashing out the big cash on Mike anderson and Manny Lawson, the smart GMs are going to scoop up Woodson and Reed for a couple of years.

Simmons, who still has some gems here and there, seems like a guy taking on too much. He may be turning into an average guy at a lot of things and not great at one thing anymore.

I think he is smart enough to realize it, but his juggling act has had to be difficult in the last 18 months. I miss it when every visit to his site was great and each podcast had depth and a random tangent.

Now he is a big deal. He has met so many of his idols in the last 18 months, it really is crazy.

These vets are still unsigned: Urlacher, Woodson, Freeney, Turner, Bradshaw, Abraham.

I'm surprised Freeney hasn't found a home. Maybe he wants too much?

As if on cue...