Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: The Final Mock (#1-#16)

1. Article: The Final Mock (#1-#16)

"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

The Jets taking Geno Smith is a big mistake. They have so many other needs and this isn't a QB rich draft. Geno Smith might turn out to be a great pro, but why not fill your other needs and then get a QB next year?

FWIW, I absolutely agree that the Eagles need help on the oline. I can't help but feel that with all their needs, the Jets would be wasting a pick on Geno Smith.

Blog Entries
    If the Bills take Barkevious Maybin, I will, how should I say this? Be neither pleased nor surprised.

Please let the Jets draft Barkley,you owe me football gods!

Blog Entries
    Seems pretty solid. I don't think Tennessee takes another G, but I do think SD should take one at 11, even though they don't normally go that high.

Blog Entries
    I agree with you that the Gs go that early.

Of these 16 picks, the storylines I find to be most intriguing are...

Sharrif Floyd- if he doesn't go to Oakland at 3, and they don't trade back a few spots, I'm wondering if he could become the true free faller of the draft. Not that anyone on FP disagrees with that assessment.

Chance Warmack- Call me completely crazy, but if both LTs are off the board, instead of taking a risk on a pass rusher or a guy like Lane Johnson, I think Detroit may shock the world and take a G in the top 5. He seems to me to be the safest pick.

Cleveland- Another crazy thought. Milliner has been pegged to them for awhile, but while I'm not a huge McShay fan, I think he's potentially ahead of the curve on this pick. I think Cleveland will try to move back from this pick. But if they can't find a buyer, they may just take their guy at #6, and I think that player is Tyler Eifert. Of course, my recently developed crush on Eifert is probably becoming a bit uncomfortable at this point, but I don't see him falling all the way to Pittsburgh, which is my dream scenario.

Buffalo- A second Todd McShay shout out, but he has the Bills taking Ryan Nassib at #8. He's not the first one I've seen with that thought. It seems completely crazy, but so did Tennessee taking Locker in a similar spot in 2011, followed by Minnesota taking Christian Ponder just a few picks later. I am predicting that the Bills and a top 10 QB will become the official buzz in the 48 hours leading up to the draft.

Star Lotulelei- I'm not sure who takes him, but I can't see a scenario where he falls out of the top 10. He, Dion Jordan, and Jarvis Jones are the 3 best defensive players in this draft.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    Cleveland- Another crazy thought. Milliner has been pegged to them for awhile, but while I'm not a huge McShay fan, I think he's potentially ahead of the curve on this pick. I think Cleveland will try to move back from this pick. But if they can't find a buyer, they may just take their guy at #6, and I think that player is Tyler Eifert. Of course, my recently developed crush on Eifert is probably becoming a bit uncomfortable at this point, but I don't see him falling all the way to Pittsburgh, which is my dream scenario.
    I'm inclined to agree with Trumpet here. The Browns need to pick up a second round pick (Josh Gordon, supplemental draft, is our second rounder for now... which is fine, by the way) more than they need two potentially-dominant corners in Horton's defense.

...although I'm a little more leery of just taking Eifert at #6.
    @kocsan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts01 View Post
    Please let the Jets draft Barkley,you owe me football gods!
    I don't like the Jets as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure what the football gods owe to a man whose franchise has had Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck fall into his lap.

Love,
    Cleveland
    @kocsan

If I were a Jets fan, I'd want my team to trade down. They need help in a lot of places. This is a deep draft in a lot of places. It would make sense to turn their two first round picks into more picks.

A possible trading partner might be the Falcons. Dimitroff is not averse to trading up if he sees a player he wants. The Falcons have 11 picks, so they have ample trade ammunition. Corner and defensive end are glaring areas of need. It wouldn't surprise me to see these two teams work something out.