Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wife and daughter asleep. Bored. Predicting things waaaaay prematurely.

Blog Entries
    To explain why I think it was stupid to cut Bryan Scott:

1. Leadership. Dude is a serious pro.
    2. He is the ONLY guy on the roster who can cover a good tight end. Was.

Blog Entries
    Fells would be a good pickup for the Bills, he played well last year. Hooman is a better blocker, and Sudfeld's made some pure insane catches. That's why I think we cut Fells. As for Ballard, I'm 95 percent sure he got cut when he quit on a route vs the Giants. Tebow under pressure, rolls, throws a perfect deep pass - and it clatters incomplete because Ballard slowed down as soon as Tebow scrambled. If he runs, and doesn't drop it, it's a 60ish yard TD. I'd guess Ballard will end up back on the Giants.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Just when I think it is safe to go back in the kitchen:

They do this.

Blog Entries
    They're idiots. If they think Hopkins can do it, let him do it. If they don't, why replace very good kicker with very erratic kicker?

Blog Entries
    The story has since been updated, saying that the decision to bring in Carpenter was made after Hopkins suffered a groin injury in practice.

I also really hope Jim Leonhard catches on back in Buffalo. He's seemed to play well everywhere he's been the past few years, but for whatever reason he can't keep a job. I've always liked him since his time with Baltimore, and here's to hoping going back to Buffalo will rejuvenate his career.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    The story has since been updated, saying that the decision to bring in Carpenter was made after Hopkins suffered a groin injury in practice.

I also really hope Jim Leonhard catches on back in Buffalo. He's seemed to play well everywhere he's been the past few years, but for whatever reason he can't keep a job. I've always liked him since his time with Baltimore, and here's to hoping going back to Buffalo will rejuvenate his career.
    Good to know re: Carpenter. I still think he is average.

With Leonhard, it has always been about his height. I was very happy when Rex Ryan insisted he not be cut in Baltimore once taller guys were found. He's a playmaker, and usually the smartest guy on the field.

Blog Entries
    This time just the mistakes, first the ones who got cut, then the ones who made it, then the ones who went to Injury lists:

# NAME POS. HT. WT. AGE EXP. COLLEGE

93 Anderson, Mark DE 6-4 255 30 8 Alabama...Situational Rusher WRONG
    43 Scott, Bryan LB 6-1 220 32 11 Penn State...Better be there[/B] STILL PISSED
    82 Dickerson, Dorin WR 6-2 227 25 3 Pittsburgh...Hell no better not be WASN'T Hedged.
    7 Jackson, Tarvaris QB 6-2 225 30 8 Alabama State...I think they keep all three through October WRONG
    14 Kaufman, Brandon WR 6-5 215 22 R Eastern Washington...David Nelson without the leadership skills. Might not make it. Depends on TE situation, him or Dickerson. WRONGISH - Neither one made it. He apparently wasn't used on kicking teams while Hogan and Easley were. Hedging gets me here.
    49 Pough, Keith OLB 6-3 236 23 R Howard...Backup He regressed throughout camp.
    17 Rogers, Da'Rick WR 6-3 208 21 R Tennessee Tech...Lot of talent, needs to be more consistent. ENORMOUS knucklehead. 50/50. I hedged.
    72 Sanders, Zebrie OL 6-6 318 23 1 Florida State...First Backup Guard GONEZO
    David Snow is on this list, but I deleted him and don't want to find him again.

52 Moats, Arthur OLB 6-2 250 25 4 James Madison...See you in Cleveland WRONG
    26 Rogers, Justin CB 5-11 181 25 3 Richmond...Enjoy Jacksonville. WRONG, Dangit.
    69 Ross, Jay DT 6-3 319 25 1 East Carolina...Late cut again WRONG - Good for him.
    91 Lawson, Manny LB 6-5 240 28 8 North Carolina State...Tough call. They love the young guys now. Probably cut if Pough works out. WRONGISH - Starter
    85 Smith, Lee TE 6-6 265 25 3 Marshall...Might get cut. Depends how fast Chandler heals and Gragg learns to block. WRONGISH - Made it.
    36 Meeks, Jonathan DB 6-1 210 23 R Clemson...PSC WRONG - and he is worse than Duke Williams right now.
    38 Summers, Frank FB 5-9 248 27 1 UNLV...Who knows? MADE IT
    8 Tuel, Jeff QB 6-3 221 22 R Washington State...Cut BOY WAS I WRONG
    66 Welch, Thomas OT 6-6 300 25 3 Vanderbilt...Late cut/or Sam Young Made it. Don't know why. Seems to really stink.
    81 Easley, Marcus WR 6-2 217 25 2 Connecticut...Last staff kept him too long WRONG
    15 Hogan, Chris WR 6-1 215 24 1 Monmouth...Makes acrobatic catches in shorts, will get a liverectomy trying it in pads. MADE THE TEAM Hedged.
    97 Bryant, Corbin DT 6-4 300 25 1 Northwestern...PSC WRONG made the team

16 Smith, Brad WR 6-2 213 29 8 Missouri...Weird. They love him, but it will be him or Da'Rick Rogers, who would never clear waivers for Practice Squad. Like I said. Rogers appears to be an Idiot. IR
    4 Kolb, Kevin QB 6-3 218 28 7 Houston...See Jackson, Tarvaris IR before I thought.
    75 Hairston, Chris LT 6-6 330 24 3 Clemson...Swing T NFI - Uncertain future. Made room for Welch, I think[/U][/I][/B]
    Last edited by ScottDCP; 09-05-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    New guy, former Jet, Jamaal Westerman. Probably won't ever suit up. OLB.

Not sure where to put this comment.. I know I read about your frustration about the contracts signed prior.. BUT good lord!!! Mario Williams just notched 4.5 sacks in one game!!! That seems like a typo.. seems like he's pissed his cred is being questioned... Meanwhile, my team has ONE sack... :$

In southern vernacular, dude went ham!!! He totally "clicked" out!!! I'm certain Mario understands what I'm saying!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.