Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: Chad Johnson Will Go to Jail

It's jail. Not prison.

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    This is pretty clearly a gross and blatant abuse of power on the part of the judge. Disgustingly so.

It doesn't matter what your opinion is of Chad Johnson. It is sickening to think that it's possible in this country for one single person to revoke your freedom over something so incredibly trivial. Think about it for a moment. Imagine what thirty days in jail would probably be like. Then imagine that the reason you were sent there was for slapping another man's behind in celebration that you're not going to jail.

I sincerely hope that the judge in question loses her job, myself being completely oblivious of her past record. Either key details are missing in this story, or she is the embodiment of everything I hate.
    Has Chad Johnson taken any of this as serious as he should have? Look what he was wearing to court, he showed no respect for the broward county court. He hasn't shown much respect to anyone or anything for quite some time. He deserved to be taught a lesson. I've seen judges do this to HUNDREDS of people. It has nothing to do with ego. I'm sure the judge will speak with him in a few days, he will say he learned his lesson and then he will be released. That being said, that judge could have more of a sense of humor.
    “The year we beat Miami in the Super Bowl, ... do you know how many defensive linemen were in our rotation? Nine, and we used them all quite a bit. We just wore the Dolphins out.”

~Bill Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Pattrick View Post
    I'm sure the judge will speak with him in a few days, he will say he learned his lesson and then he will be released. That being said, that judge could have more of a sense of humor.
    I agree with all of this.

Blog Entries
    Has Chad Johnson taken any of this as serious as he should have? Look what he was wearing to court, he showed no respect for the broward county court. He hasn't shown much respect to anyone or anything for quite some time. He deserved to be taught a lesson. I've seen judges do this to HUNDREDS of people. It has nothing to do with ego. I'm sure the judge will speak with him in a few days, he will say he learned his lesson and then he will be released. That being said, that judge could have more of a sense of humor.
    Fully agree. Chad should have taken it more seriously and I don't believe he's going to actually spend thirty days in jail. I'll be surprised if he serves five days. I just don't believe that the punishment fit the crime.

Also, great to hear from you again Pattrick!
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Video here:
    http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2013/06/11/exp-early-brown-chad-johnson-30.cnn.html

This judge is an idiot. Johnson was trying to show that he was listening and was going to do whatever she said. She said tell your lawyer he did a good job, he did. He did it inappropriately, but that was out of his own stupidity not a lack of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    Also, great to hear from you again Pattrick!
    Good catch kaba, I missed Pattrick's return. Good to see you on the board Pattrick.

Hey Kaba and Andy!

It's great to be back, you'll be seeing me around much, much more. I'm doing great. I crossed a few travel related items off my bucket list. I'm back in Dallas and trying to catch up on all the football related news I've missed out on. How's everybody been??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Good catch kaba, I missed Pattrick's return. Good to see you on the board Pattrick.
    That's my eagle eye hard at work. You have to be vigilant to catch those little things like his name.

Hey Kaba and Andy!

It's great to be back, you'll be seeing me around much, much more. I'm doing great. I crossed a few travel related items off my bucket list. I'm back in Dallas and trying to catch up on all the football related news I've missed out on. How's everybody been??
    Glad to hear that things are all going well from you, and it's great to hear that you'll be back around on the site. Missed ya buddy.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

And he's out after a week and an apology.

Meanwhile, Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi is quoted as saying the judge overreacted.

"Although we never condone domestic violence, this event seems to question judicial temperament, not the subject matter before the court."

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    And he's out after a week and an apology.

Meanwhile, Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi is quoted as saying the judge overreacted.
    Even though it was only jail and not prison, I think it affected him. I'm almost positive that even though the judge overreacted Chad will behave appropriately in court from now on. Regardless of who's court he ends up in.
    “The year we beat Miami in the Super Bowl, ... do you know how many defensive linemen were in our rotation? Nine, and we used them all quite a bit. We just wore the Dolphins out.”

~Bill Walsh