Thread: Sidney Rice could be out for the season

Sidney Rice could be out for the season

He could undergo hip surgery, but he'd still end up missing half the season.

I have a feeling that Favre is going to find a way to win even without Rice though.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Good...anything that makes life suck worse for Brett Favre makes me happy
    "I suggest a new strategy Artoo...Let the Wookie win..."

I find it interesting that I have often compared last season's Favre/Rice connection to that he had with Javon Walker back in 2003-04, and then what do you know - the Vikings go out and sign Javon Walker yesterday.

I don't know if Javon will make the team or not - but if he can recapture his old magic with Favre then the Viking offense will still be powerful. I think the fact that Javon Walker got signed by the Vikings shows that Minnesota is willing to let Favre make personnel decisions - something that Ted Thompson never allowed him to do.

I don't think Favre made that personnel decision and if he did, I would wonder who is actually running the show up in Minnesota because the guy hasn't been with the team two weeks and he's already being given a say in who gets signed. I don't think that's how it played out.

Also concerning Javon Walker, the guy is done. He's an average roster filler at this point, at best. We don't even know if he's fully healthy.