Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: College Football General Thread, 2013-14

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Gapinski View Post
    Also, this happened. Of course, they make a public response rather quickly after the NCAA tournament MVP complained:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...meal-allowance

It's important to note that if you read the story closely that the new approvals related to the food seem to be optional for each university. Still, if one SEC school does it, then they all will. I assume the free car that comes with being a quarterback in that league will now come with a half dozen Papa John's pizzas. So, ya know, that sounds pretty good.
    It's like using a thimble to bail water out of the Titanic.
    Non-performing performance artist

2. Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    A facepalm meme with a kitten in it? Does that one have a Legacy All-Time Win the Internet Award?
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

Dierdorf says he retired from CBS because of the travel. Now he has another football job. While Michigan only hits the road five times in 2014 , this announcement makes me believe that Dierdorf was granted a gracious way to exit CBS, because he was on his way out one way or another.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Dierdorf says he retired from CBS because of the travel. Now he has another football job. While Michigan only hits the road five times in 2014 , this announcement makes me believe that Dierdorf was granted a gracious way to exit CBS, because he was on his way out one way or another.
    Maybe/probably/likely, but I'd have to imagine the demands for UM radio are much less rigorous than with CBS.

Other than a trip to Piscataway, he has trips to South Bend, Evanston, East Lansing, and Columbus. Nearly all of his work prior to games would be done on campus. 5 Friday/Saturdays and a bowl game, which will be a paid vacation, is nothing like what he'd go through had he stuck with the NFL.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

7. Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Dierdorf lives in St. Louis and has a home in Northern Michigan wher he spends summers. From the interview I heard today, it sounds like he will be extending his stays in Michigan through the bulk of the football season. He also has the loot to fly private so travel will be a small issue for him. Hell, he can drive to the Big House in a few hours.

You know, after hearing the entire interview, I believe Dierdorf is genuinely excited to come home to Ann Arbor. H will be paired with a guy by the name of Jim Brandstatter - a former Michigan teammate and good friend - who is making his first full time foray into life as a play by play man. Brandy has been the color analyst for decades and will be filling some pretty big shoes after the retirement of Frank Beckman.

I'll tell you one thing, Michigan Football radio broadcasts are about to get interesting. It wll porbably be for their epic awfulness, but I suppose that could be humorous.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

one thing to keep in mind is that you have to do a lot less prep work for radio gigs than tv gigs. So while he still is doing a lot of traveling, he doesn't have to go out days earlier like he would for a tv gig.

So he'll maybe be traveling 1-2 days a week rather than 3-4.

That's a fair point.